Change bathroom settings of a Room listing

Answered!
Najee12
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

Change bathroom settings of a Room listing

Hello,

I searched for this in the forum but could not find an answer. I listed a Room in my house with shared bathroom, but now I think I can dedicate a bathroom to that Room. How can I add the "Private Bathroom" option to an existing Room listing?

Thanks.

1 Best Answer

Thanks Debra for the long explanation. I think I am using the new screen setup of AirBnb and it is a bit different. However, reading your description I figured that the feature was under the photo tour. 

So for future reference this is how I accessed the bathroom property:

1. Click on the listing you want to update under your listings.

2. If you are using categorized photos, click on the "Photo Tour".

3. On the right hand side, click on the bahroom photos category.

4. Under the "Privacy Info" selection bathroom type can be found.

My mistake was to think that photos tour was dedicated only to upload and manage listing photos. Room and space amenities are also managed there in the new setup.

Thank you very much again.

Regards

Najee

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Najee12, good question!

I am reaching out to our Hosts @Patricia2526@Alicia753@Guy991, and @Debra300 to ask for their advice here.

All the best.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Najee12,

I only use a laptop to maintain my listing details, so these steps may be different for the mobile app.

1. Open the listing's dashboard page, and scroll to the Property and rooms section 

Debra300_0-1708989341103.png

2. Under Property type, make sure that the information is correctDebra300_1-1708989517507.png
  3. In the Room and spaces area, under Bedroom slide the button button if the bedroom is shared or has an en-suite bathroom (bathroom attached to the bedroom and accessible only to the guests during their stay) :                                            Debra300_2-1708989699545.png

4. In the Full bathroom section, slide the button if the bathroom is shared.  If not selected the implication is that the bathroom is solely for guest usage during their stay.  You may want to highlight in your description content and the bathroom's photo tag that the bathroom is used only by the guest who rents that particular listing, and isn't shared. :                   Debra300_3-1708989821052.png

Thank you very mich Debra,

I also use my laptop, however I cannot find or access to the area in your 3rd picture. I don't have a "Room and spaces area" section. Maybe it's because my listing is not a shared room (where I assume multiple people sleep in the same room). My type is a "Room" described as"Guests have their own room for sleeping. Other areas can be shared"

Najee12_0-1708992803879.png

My issue is I cannot find the bathroom type selection for the "Room" type, so that a bathroom for a "Room" can be selected (and updated) between the options "private", "dedicated", or "shared".

Thank you

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Najee12,

There are two parts of the Property and rooms section which can be edited.  Your image is showing the first one, Property type.  You need to save any changes that you've made in there, and then click the second edit link, which is for Rooms and spaces.

Debra300_1-1709000530511.png

After you click the edit button, you will see a list of all the rooms that are available to guests.  To make edits, click the of each room label to expand it and display options.  The below image shows a list of rooms with each category collapsed (the down pointing arrows to the right indicate that the row can be dropped down for more details).

Debra300_2-1709000787772.png

I clicked the Bedroom row to expand the category and see what options are available (the arrow is pointing up to indicate that the category can be collapsed).  In my prior image of this category I didn't select Shared with others and the button remained on the left and gray, but did select in the below image, and the button is slid to the right, has a check mark, and is black.

Debra300_4-1709001408599.png

If Shared with others in selected under the Full bathroom category (see below), uncheck it to remove that description.

Debra300_5-1709001797927.png

Thanks Debra for the long explanation. I think I am using the new screen setup of AirBnb and it is a bit different. However, reading your description I figured that the feature was under the photo tour. 

So for future reference this is how I accessed the bathroom property:

1. Click on the listing you want to update under your listings.

2. If you are using categorized photos, click on the "Photo Tour".

3. On the right hand side, click on the bahroom photos category.

4. Under the "Privacy Info" selection bathroom type can be found.

My mistake was to think that photos tour was dedicated only to upload and manage listing photos. Room and space amenities are also managed there in the new setup.

Thank you very much again.

Regards

Najee

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Najee12 

👍🏾, thanks for the update and sharing.  

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you very much for sharing the updated process, @Najee12. I am marking your response as the Best Answer of this thread so that future Hosts facing similar situations can easily find your answer 😊

@Debra300, thank you so much for popping in and helping Najee 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad