Critique my listing, Beth,Memphis,TN

Beth6772
Level 2
Memphis, TN

Critique my listing, Beth,Memphis,TN

We’ve been active for a few weeks and not feeling like our listing is getting the bookings it could. Where have we gone wrong?

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1194265959711871898?source_impression_id=p3_1724862441_P3ylOBh10XcKdpW5 

Bhumika_0-1724862462775.png

[Content  and title updated by Community Manager]

21 Replies 21

Love this. Thank you - I’ll be updating the description soon. 

Claudia3536
Level 3
Maryville, TN

@Beth6772 I’m impressed by your blue house! It is very lovely and alluring. I’m not sure why you would think it is not attractive to guests. Perhaps you might need to explain your location and ease of access to area amenities? The discount does help you get started. I’m sure all will go well. Congrats!

Crystal665
Level 2
Tallahassee, FL

@Beth6772 Good morning. How warm and inviting!!! It takes time for the bookings to come in. Don't get discouraged. After you have some more 5 star reviews, you will become a guest favorite and that will help tremendously. Stay active looking at other listings and their prices. Maybe offer discounts at first so that you can snag a few stays under your belt. 

1. Change the cover photo to the outside of the home. The photos you have displayed are dark. It looks dismal to some when the photos are dark. Much more attractive to have bright photos. 

2.  Take some back  yard photos as well so that pet owners will know what type of yard they will be having for their pets.

3.  I would make the 3rd bedroom a queen eventually. We had a full in our third bedroom and it hendered our bookings. Once we moved a queen in there, we had much more traffic. We list 7 for our home because 8 is a lot for a 3 bedroom. We have a couch and twin pull out for use in addition to the 3 rooms. But to say it fits 8, Maybe 6 adults and 2 kids but you don't want to really encourage that many people in your home for your own sanity. That's a lot of people for a house with 3 bedrooms. 

4. Take photos of the cookware, dishes and tools/utensils that you have in the kitchen. 

Lovely home!

Thanks!!! Great ideas on extra pics of yard and kitchen stuff. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Beth6772 , You've received some amazing feedback from hosts @Crystal665 @Claudia3536 @Don-and-Julie0 @Diamel5 @Dawn575 @Deb4845 @Daymel0 @Dave1388 @Dassi0 @Deborah1395 😍 Have you had a chance to review these ideas and see if they're suitable to your listing? 

Keep us posted of your progress! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you. I took a couple of the suggestions and made changes. Had a few booking requests already!!! 

Rita367
Level 3
Mishawaka, IN

I don't think you've done anything wrong, new listings will take time, and of course it depends on outside events that you don't control.

That said, I would move the large plant away from the fireplace ( maybe put it in the corner under the lamp.), and build a fire in the fireplace , then re-take that pic.

Also, add some interest to the dining table pic, maybe set the table with a nice centerpiece.

I agree about changing the number of guests from 8 to 6 or 7.