Critique my listing, Fred, Somerset

Answered!
Fred3079
Level 1
Somerset, PA

Critique my listing, Fred, Somerset

I am new to Airbnb! anyone board and want to critique my listing : https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/929198266282282792

Bhumika_0-1689185678878.png

1 Best Answer
Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Fred3079  Noooooo! Don't do it! Do NOT cram NINE GUESTS into a two bedroom place. High guest capacity is a classic newbie mistake. At best, keep it at 4 adults, but perhaps offer an air mattress or similar for kids. If you think about who you're going to attract, you're setting yourself up for disaster with nine. Nine people willing to share a two bedroom condo are cheap. Cheap means trouble. You'll learn this after hosting for a bit. You want to stay away from those types. 

Your target market is a couple with kids getting away for a ski weekend, or two couples without (or not bringing) kids. 

Personally, I'm really turned off when there are "extra" beds in a space not meant for them. A master bedroom shouldn't sleep 4. You might also have one too many couches in that living room...

Take better pictures. Bring your guest capacity down to 6 at most- max 4 adults. 

You probably have a lot of competition at Seven Springs. Your place has to stand out as something special, or just be a regular nice place to stay, but it has to be competitive. Obviously, winter's going to be your best season, but you will get off-season guests. Check prices in the area. Hope for a good winter, because last winter sucked! 

Good luck. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Fred3079 , Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

I took the liberty of adding your listing link to your post with an image for easy access and viewing for our members.

Your listing is wonderful😍. I love the fireplace and how beautifully the living room is decorated. Did you get any potential guest inquiries since the time you posted?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello Bhumika, 

Thank You for adding the link. I am really new but very eager. 

Sadly no I have not had any luck with inquiries. I think I was hung up with going live for a couple days because of my profile was incomplete. So hopefully I will see something soon. 

Thank you for your time and thoughtful review. This is really helpful to have a forum like this. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your listing looks like it's in a great location but I wouldn't be trying to crowd so many guests into a two bedroom property .

Also I'd get a friend who's a keen photographer or professional photographer to retake your photos they're rather dark and aren't making the most of your location/property @Fred3079 

Thank You @Helen3  for the feedback.
I agree on the pictures, I wasn’t loving them when I put the listing together. I scooped them up from the agent who listed the property a couple years back. 

I have been back and forth on the number of guests for awhile and I think you’re right too. No one has ever complained about the size but we all know they’re always a plus one or two kids. 

Thank You so much for taking the time to review and respond to my post. 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Fred3079  Noooooo! Don't do it! Do NOT cram NINE GUESTS into a two bedroom place. High guest capacity is a classic newbie mistake. At best, keep it at 4 adults, but perhaps offer an air mattress or similar for kids. If you think about who you're going to attract, you're setting yourself up for disaster with nine. Nine people willing to share a two bedroom condo are cheap. Cheap means trouble. You'll learn this after hosting for a bit. You want to stay away from those types. 

Your target market is a couple with kids getting away for a ski weekend, or two couples without (or not bringing) kids. 

Personally, I'm really turned off when there are "extra" beds in a space not meant for them. A master bedroom shouldn't sleep 4. You might also have one too many couches in that living room...

Take better pictures. Bring your guest capacity down to 6 at most- max 4 adults. 

You probably have a lot of competition at Seven Springs. Your place has to stand out as something special, or just be a regular nice place to stay, but it has to be competitive. Obviously, winter's going to be your best season, but you will get off-season guests. Check prices in the area. Hope for a good winter, because last winter sucked! 

Good luck. 

Thank You Kia for the feedback, I do like the idea of less is better. 
I totally agree that the high occupancy renters can be cheap. 
🤞We definitely could use some more snow this winter. 
thank you for taking the time to respond.