Critique my listing - Kailani House in Garden City Beach, SC

Critique my listing - Kailani House in Garden City Beach, SC

Hi All!

My name is Jennifer and my husband and I are Super hosts. We have a great listing in Garden City Beach, SC. However, getting listings during the mid-season and off-season is particularly challenging (September through April in particular). We have lowered prices, have instant book turned on, and only have a 2 night minimum. Any other suggestions for helping us improve our listing for these seasons would be very welcome.

Here is the listing: airbnb.com/h/kailanihouse

Thanks all!

34 Replies 34

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for reaching out to me! I checked out your photos and the only thing I'd add would be rugs at the base of the beds and maybe an orchid on the kitchen counter.

I hope that helps!  Best wishes with your property!

Elizabeth

Eileen439
Level 2
Pennsylvania, United States

Hello Jamie & Jennifer, 

During the off season - I will put some fall decor up, a little Christmas tree , fall scented soaps and dish towels .etc.  the guests really like that . Also I let them know what is going on in the community . For example Rehoboth beach has a big Halloween festival . 
Your place is very beautiful - hope this helps .

Best, 

Eileen

Hello!! I think you are doing all the right stuff! We do exactly the same thing as lowering prices, immediate check in etc. Our slow time is October-April. However, we get a lot of snow here. We live in a very small town of 1,000. We get it.

Are there any special things that happen in your community that could help draw more guests during your off season time? maybe post pictures of what it is like in Garden City Beach during your slow time; Weather for instance.?  What activities are available in and around Garden City Beach?

I hope this was helpful for you. We pray your business will grow and prosper!

Blessings, Delbert and Deanna Kamenzind

Whispering Pines on the Kootenai River

Hi Jennifer,

Your listing looks great overall! Here are a few suggestions to attract more bookings during the mid-season and off-season:

1. Highlight unique features of your property, such as a hot tub or special local experiences.
2. Update your photos to include seasonal shots or recent upgrades.
3. Mention nearby off-season activities or attractions.
4. Offer flexible cancellation policies or special promotions.
5. Promote your listing on social media or local travel forums.

Hope these tips help you get more bookings!

I would concur with the rest of the comments. One thing I have noticed, is that the traffic for me has slowed considerably since the pandemic. I get inquiries but less bookings. I think my average client has become more price conscious and is looking for more discounting.