Critique my listing - Kigali City, Rwanda

Critique my listing - Kigali City, Rwanda

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 12.39.18 PM.png

It's been a month now in Airbnb,and I  didn't get any guest , am I having a problem in my listings or something? can anybody help?

Link: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/984122891491623406

[Post updated for relevancy]

10 Replies 10
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Karenzi0 Welcome to our Community,

I have made some changes to your post to get some attention from our wonderful Hosts; I hope this is okay with you.

Additionally, I am reaching out to our amazing Hosts @Cheri354 @Andrea6232 and @John7474 to see if they would like to share some tips on how to improve your listing.

All the best.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

Greetings from 'the South' in the USA !

Your place looks fresh and clean 🙂  All the rooms look so large ! 

I see you posted some things about the location.. I wonder if there is more to mention specifically ?

Are you near shopping, theater, parks ?

(We're still adding to our own listing; I know it's hard to think of everything when you first sign up.)

Just curious, it looks like maybe pillows are missing from the beds ? Is this normal to photograph without them ? I notice you mention in the listing there are extra pillows and blankets available 🙂

You have a dryer but not a washer, could you add if there is a place to wash clothes nearby ?

I'm not familiar with your weather 🙂 The listing says no heater, no air conditioning.. maybe you won't need it, but I guess I would want to know what to expect just in case it gets hotter or colder during my stay. Could you offer an electric fan or room heater or is that not needed there ?

I like the way the rooms are bright and sunny 🙂

Sometimes it can take a while to get visitors. Are there any other rentals in your area ? Do you know what the competition is like ?

I hope you get some visitors soon 🙂 Best wishes~

Cheri

@Cheri354 My place is near a supermarket and a dry cleaner and pillows are there no problem it is that I took some pictures while they were not but we have many of them,and also we have a park which is 10 minutes from my house ,but also we have a very calm neighbourhood which can facilitate anyone who wants to do some evening walks and morning walks and morning  runs too due too the calm and peaceful neighbourhood we have,and about the weaher,our weather is so friendly it doesn't require an air conditioning.

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

Ohh~ Maybe add some of those features to your listing 🙂 Sounds like a nice place in a good location ! Best wishes~

@Karenzi0 @Paula 

Hello Karenzi -

Greetings to Rwanda!   What a beautiful home you have!

I think you have a nice listing, and I have a few suggestions to help improve it!

As you know, with each Airbnb listing there are a few key main components: Your Title, Your Description, The Space and Photos.  I will give you a few suggestions for each of them.

I find when writing, it's easier to create a computer document  (Word Document) to write your listing, and when you have written - reviewed then cut and past it into the Airbnb platform. 

Your Title:

You want your title to be like the title of a book, something that catches your eye, and you want to read.  At the moment you have "Hiid Appartments", that doesn't tell me much about your house.

I suggest you change your title  to reflect what your property represents.  Maybe: "Beautiful 4 Bedroom - 3 Bath Home" or "Quiet - Comfortable 4BR - 3Bath Home " .  Again, I would use something that catches someones attention, and represents your beautiful home. 

Your Description: 

In this section, you have 500 characters to give the reader an overview of your home.  Think of this as the introduction to a book.

Give the potential guest an understanding of the home, what it has to offer, and where it is located.  Include that it's comfortable, secure, quiet, and close to main areas of the City. 

My Space: 

In this section you can really detail what the house is all about.  Create individual paragraph - sections and detail the Living room, Kitchen, Bedrooms, Bathrooms, and other areas of the house.   Detail WIFI and other amenities. 

Detail how the house is a great spot for a family visiting relatives in Kigali or for those on business. 

Also in this section detail how the house is close to markets and shopping.  Maybe also include (if it is true), that it's near local attractions like Mt. Kigali, the Genocide Memorial, and the Kimironko Market in Kigali.

I recommend looking at other Airbnb hosts' listings in your area, it will give you an ideas as to how to improve your listing.  Also, look at Superhost listings or others who have been hosting for a number of years. 

Photos:

I would delete some of your repeated photos, and take a few new ones.  For example, make sure there are pillows on the beds in your listing photos.  You want your place to look camera ready! 

Presentation:

For potential guests, your listing is like your personal business calling card.  It is a refection of how you host your property.  You want everything to look very professional. 

When you have made some additions I would have someone read over your listing (a family member or friend), to make sure it really represents your home.  Check spelling, and grammar. 

Again, you have a beautiful home and I wish you continued success!

Best, 

John 

Thank you so much John, I appreciate.

@Karenzi0 @Paula 

My pleasure! Let me know when you have added some more details.  I would be happy to take a look!

Best, 

John

Yes you can take a look and tell if I did it well or tell me things I should modify.

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Buongiorno @Karenzi0 from Italy!

I wouldn't add anything else to what @John7474 and @Cheri354  have already said other than completing your Airbnb profile with a photo of yourself and other information.

Finally I would add captions to your photos.

Good luck!

Andrea

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Karenzi0 My suggestions in addition to others:

*Your price of $30 is much lower than other listings in your city, even apartments that are smaller charge more. Keep in mind that prices that much lower than others can attract guests that you don’t want in your home. Do a search on airbnb.com and price your rental to reflect your area. 

*Retake pictures in landscape. Guests want to see the entire room. 

*Mattresses look very, very flat, which gives the view that they are hard and uncomfortable because it appears that guests would be sleeping on a boxspring instead of a comfortable mattress. This is my take on what I see. Always remember that a picture is worth a thousand words. Make the beds look more appealing. Use comforters and pillows. Also add lamps in the bedrooms.