Critique my listing - Sonia in Den Haag, NL

Critique my listing - Sonia in Den Haag, NL

Image.jpeg

Hello, 

Does anyone have any tips on how to get more bookings? I am relatively newer to Airbnb and would like more frequent bookings but am not sure how to do so. I have just been betting on the algorithm but maybe there is something else I could do? Any tips would help.

Kind regards,

Sonia 

Rental unit in Den Haag · ★5.0 · 1 bedroom · 3 beds · 1.5 baths

Link updated by OCM

4 Replies 4
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hola @Sonia1891,

Congratulations on your beautiful property 🎉

I am reaching out to some of our experienced Hosts to ask for their opinions on your listing: @Jonathan2534@Dawn241@Guy991@Karen114@Karlis3@Lorina14@Shelley159 and @Kitty-and-Creek0.

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Sonia1891 

Your place looks good! I looked through the photos. Some of them seem to be duplicates that you can remove and perhaps replace with unique photos. Some of the photos also seem to show unfurnished rooms - I'm not sure whether they were taken before the furniture arrived and can now be removed. I would recommend showing very clearly in your photos exactly where 5 people would sleep. Hope it helps!

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Sonia1891  Lovely space!  You definitely want better and staged  photos. Beds and sleeping area defined and made up nicely, shut the lid on the toilet etc.  

I noticed you have a lot of decorations or knick knacks.  Very cute but they will just get broken and or grow legs.  Guests want to have flat spaces to put their own things down while they are there. Less is often more when doing short term rental, less to dust and clean too 😀

Karen
Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

Hi @Sonia1891@Paula,

You have a nice place and you seem to have great review so far! Here are some suggestions:

1) Reduce the number of photos listed, you have many duplicates and some do not have good lighting. Aim to shoot photos on a sunny day, with lights on, making sure the place is staged well.

2) Straighten the rug in the photos of the kitchen

3) Make sure the couch blanket is folded and presented nicely on the couch, pillows are fluffed 

4) Put captions to every picture to help the guest understand what you are trying to show, what is unique about the pic or part of your place you are showing (ie the view from the windows of the city is amazing at night; maybe you should include some night photos of the view)

5) I saw you had two listings but they look the same. Do you have two similar apartments in the same building? The other listing does not have a good write up though, the titles are different but the pics look the same.

6) You may want to consider writing in your listing the distance and approx walk/subway/drive time to attractions in your area

7) I would put some art on the wall in the living room, or a pop of color here and there

😎For photos ask yourself what purpose am I including this for, is this a duplicate, does it add value to the listing, are the lights and lightening good, are things organized and in order (are you highlighting the view, the art, the quirkiness of your space, the amenities, the ability to soak in a nice bathtub (you may want to take a pic of the bathtub with a bath drawn, candles and some towels nearby)). You may want to include more pillows in the bed (people love pillows - check out staged homes in real estate listings for some ideas).

9) For your guidebook, I would out your personal touch on the recommendations with a sentence or two of tips of what to order at the restaurant, highlights of what to see, or how to save money at the attraction, best time to visit, what to not miss, etc.) 

10) Use scheduled messages for a welcome when guests book, for check in a day after or midway through the visit and for check out instructions.

11) Have a welcome basket (if you don’t already provide one) of nuts, trail mix, bars, chocolate, and a couple water bottles or drinks in the fridge. Don’t list this in your listing as people will come to expect it and your selection may vary so I like to always include one and the contents are a surprise to the guests. 

Hope this helps!