Critique my listing

Answered!

Critique my listing

Hello, I’m a new host, looking for ways to better fill my calendar. Open to advice and having someone give me some ideas to better improve my listing 

Listing link: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/961053597242871844

Thanks

[Listing link added by OCM]

1 Best Answer
Patricia2526
Level 10
Manila, Philippines

Hello @Deanne62 

You have a beautiful home. 

Suggest to retake some of the photos? 

Set the scene: For a spacious and inviting look, make sure the space is clean and free of clutter.

Daylight works best: Open the blinds/curtains and turn on the lights to brighten your space.

Show off unique amenities: Guests love to stay in spaces with character, so call attention to details like artworks, or pool area.

Highlight accessibility features: Emphasize things that are helpful to guests with limited mobility, such as wide doorways, step-free floors, and grab rails. Learn more about and the best way to photograph them.

Highlight Key Features: Focus on the unique and appealing aspects of your Airbnb, such as a cozy reading nook, a beautiful view, or stylish decorations. Showcase what sets your listing apart from others.

Shoot from Different Heights: Experiment with taking photos from various heights. Sometimes crouching down or taking shots from a higher perspective can result in more interesting and flattering angles.

Exterior Shots: Don't forget to take exterior photos as well, showcasing the entrance, outdoor seating areas, garden, or any other unique features your property may have.

Adjust brightness, contrast, and add colors to make the images more vibrant and appealing.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Deanne62, welcome to Airbnb! It's wonderful that you've joined our Community at the start of your hosting journey. You'll find many valuable tools in this forum that will enrich your experience.

I am reaching out to some of our amazing Hosts to see if they would be interested in providing feedback on your listing.

@Patricia2526 @Dawn241 @Laura5961 @Bettye6 @Gwen386 @Laurelle3 and @John7474

I also want to share this thread where we post tips from our Hosts weekly. It might offer some additional ideas: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/TOTW-Tip-of-the-Week/m-p/1800394

All the best 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Deanne62 It looks very nice, clean, with basic amenities. I think it looks a little bare- ex. The picture above the bed is too small, maybe some fake plants or splashes of color here and there. otherwise it looks very nice. 

I don’t know what BART is- the bus? Will everyone know what that is? 

I see you are encouraging longer stays. We don’t allow because of different licensing requirements, tax requirements, and fear of squatters. 

@Deanne62 @Paula 

Hello Deanne - 

I took a look at your place. It looks great!

Your description and pictures look good.  Your pricing is very good. You have good reviews and positive feedback about your hosting.  

I just suggest be a patient... as you know things come in waves..

Wishing you continued success. 

Best, 

John 

Patricia2526
Level 10
Manila, Philippines

Hello @Deanne62 

You have a beautiful home. 

Suggest to retake some of the photos? 

Set the scene: For a spacious and inviting look, make sure the space is clean and free of clutter.

Daylight works best: Open the blinds/curtains and turn on the lights to brighten your space.

Show off unique amenities: Guests love to stay in spaces with character, so call attention to details like artworks, or pool area.

Highlight accessibility features: Emphasize things that are helpful to guests with limited mobility, such as wide doorways, step-free floors, and grab rails. Learn more about and the best way to photograph them.

Highlight Key Features: Focus on the unique and appealing aspects of your Airbnb, such as a cozy reading nook, a beautiful view, or stylish decorations. Showcase what sets your listing apart from others.

Shoot from Different Heights: Experiment with taking photos from various heights. Sometimes crouching down or taking shots from a higher perspective can result in more interesting and flattering angles.

Exterior Shots: Don't forget to take exterior photos as well, showcasing the entrance, outdoor seating areas, garden, or any other unique features your property may have.

Adjust brightness, contrast, and add colors to make the images more vibrant and appealing.

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Deanne62 I have looked at your Airbnb listing and it is presented as clean and tidy.

My thoughts are that the photos are what sells or invites guests to stay. For me  it needs a little colour to the decor to lift the photos and maybe some bigger art or prints on the wall. Or some plants in the living area . As @Patricia2526 has given good advice with the photos.

Other thoughts are, to look at other Airbnb accommodation that is close to yours or guest suites to compare their photos and how they have presented their Airbnb in their photos. If the photo looks good use the same angle for your photos. Also see  what they are offering you can have something similar and also see what price they are asking

I feel that the close up photos of items that you may have ticked for ammenities. Such as the cuttlery, china or glasses, luggage rack or bathroom cabnet arn't really needed.

I love the open space on the varandah for outdoor eating but I also am a gardner and think some plants can lift this space to make it more inviting.

As @John7474  has said it takes time and with the market and lots of competion and todays economy does make it a little slower at times. So hang in there and things will change for you.