Extra guest fee and Bunk room fee

Answered!
Lisle12
Level 2
Idyllwild-Pine Cove, CA

Extra guest fee and Bunk room fee

I have a 3 bedroom home.  The two rooms upstairs sleep up to 6 people with two more pull outs in the living room.  But my setting is a base of 4 people without the extra person fee…. The extra person fees start at the 5th guest at 12.00 a person per day.   I also have a bunk room that can be booked separately for more spaced out sleeping of which I only charge a little extra than what it cost me to have it beds made and cleaned.  I have had a couple people be confused do to the options provided to accommodate different types of groups.  But it has worked out for most larger groups to pay for the bunk room as it makes it more comfortable for all the guests.   In a case like this do you feel the 12.00 per extra person is too much?  I have heard of others charging up to 18.00

1 Best Answer

@Lisle12 You can link the calendars of the two listings so that when one books the other is blocked. You just need to remember if you block a listing it doesn't block the other which is actually a useful feature to allow, in our case, where we block our smaller listing in high season so that guests are 'forced' into the bigger listing.

If you go this route then switch on pro tools which gives you a multi-calendar to view both listings at once.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lisle12 you really should have 2 listings (within without the bunk room). That way there won't be any confusion with your guests.

@Mike-And-Jane0 That sounds like a recipe for double bookings.  How would that work?  Any work around to prevent double bookings?  

@Lisle12 You can link the calendars of the two listings so that when one books the other is blocked. You just need to remember if you block a listing it doesn't block the other which is actually a useful feature to allow, in our case, where we block our smaller listing in high season so that guests are 'forced' into the bigger listing.

If you go this route then switch on pro tools which gives you a multi-calendar to view both listings at once.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I will have to look into that further.   I try to click thumbs up for the comment but it tries to close me out instead so... thumbs up! 

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

I charge $20 for an extra to sleep on a very comfortable couch. Cleaning, extra laundry plus extra water use, electricity, etc. It has not been questioned when utilized. 

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Lisle12 
12 is a very friendly price