Co hosting

Answered!
Richard2875
Level 2
Coleraine, United Kingdom

Co hosting

I’m trying to add my wife as a co host. I use her email address for the automated invitation . When she accepts the invitation from her email she gets error message….’the email on your account doesn’t match with the invite’

Be very grateful if somebody could help with this. Thank you.

1 Best Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello, @Richard2875 . Since you posted in our community a few days ago, I would like to ask if you have managed to add your wife as a co-host?

I am sharing an article 👉 here that could provide additional insights on how to do this.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello, @Richard2875 . Since you posted in our community a few days ago, I would like to ask if you have managed to add your wife as a co-host?

I am sharing an article 👉 here that could provide additional insights on how to do this.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

I have the exact same problem.  The help information you provided is simply to set up the invitation for the co host, that part was successful however the error message pops up. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi there @James3775I see your point. Could you please share a screenshot of the error so I can forward it to the technical team for review?

-----

Did the technical team resolve this? I am trying to add my husband as co-host but receive the same error message : “ the email on the account doesn’t match with the invite…..”

It is not possible to accept the invitation. Please help

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Samantha1043, Did you get a chance to contact the Airbnb Support Team about this? Our community isn't directly linked with the Support Team, so there's only so much we can do. If you can share some screenshots though, we'd be happy to send them to the team to figure out if it's a bug or what might be going on.

-----

Getting the same problem after invite issued. Error message "The email on your account doesn’t match with the invite. Please ask to be invited at ..."

Tykera0
Level 1
Richmond, VA

Hello! I have found that the reason it gives this message is because you are trying to accept an invitation while still logged in as the person who sent it. For example, after the husband invites his wife to be a cohost …LOG OUT of the husband’s account & LOG INTO the wife’s AIRBNB (separate) profile with her own email address. Now, you are able to accept the invitation without the error message. 

Hope this helps!