First listing on AirBnB

Peggy488
Level 1
Northampton, United Kingdom

First listing on AirBnB

Hi All,

I have just launched my listing. 

Please do you mind having a quick look for me and give me some tips.

Struggling to change the sub-title as well.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3 Replies 3
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Peggy488 😊

Welcome and thank you for posting this in the community! 🎉

I’m mentioning some experienced Hosts who might share good advice with you:

@Andrea6232 , @Robin4 , @Dr-Jayanthi1 , @Oksana127 and @Zheng49

Thank you in advance everyone!

Warm regards,🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Peggy488 ,

just one quick suggestion: avoid duplicated photos 😉

Here you can find some tips on how to photograph your home at best:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-How-to-best-photograph-your-home-with-you...

good luck!

Andrea

Oksana127
Level 9
Riga, Latvia

Hi there,

Congrats on launching your first Airbnb listing! I had a look at your place, and it’s a lovely space with great potential. Here are some suggestions to help optimize both the design and hosting aspects:

Design Tips:

• Warm and Welcoming Atmosphere: Consider adding a few cozy touches like textured cushions, throws, or artwork that reflect the local vibe. Small things like this can make the space feel more inviting and homey for guests.
  • Lighting: Make sure your photos capture the space with plenty of natural light. If the lighting is dim in some areas, adding warm-toned lamps can brighten things up and create a more relaxing ambiance.
  • Color Accents: I noticed the space is clean and neutral, which is great for appealing to many guests. However, adding a pop of color through accessories or wall art could help make the space more memorable and give it character without overwhelming the minimalist aesthetic.
  • Personal Touches: Adding a local guidebook, a map, or small decorative items that reflect the culture of the area could give the space more personality. Guests love a space that feels unique.

Hosting Tips:

• Communication: Make sure you’re super responsive to inquiries and questions from guests. Quick replies not only build trust but can also improve your search ranking.
  • Clear Instructions: Include a well-written and clear check-in guide with easy-to-follow steps. Guests appreciate when check-in is stress-free, especially for late arrivals.
  • Sub-title: For your sub-title, it can be tricky to change sometimes, but the trick is to make it short, catchy, and focused on what makes your space unique. Something like “Cozy City Retreat” or “Modern Comfort in the Heart of [City]” can work. If you’re still struggling to change it, Airbnb’s support might help with this.
  • Welcome Pack: Consider leaving a small welcome gift, like local snacks or drinks, or even a handwritten note. It adds a special touch and can leave a lasting positive impression.
  • Guest Feedback: Don’t be afraid to ask for feedback, especially from your first few guests. Let them know you’re a new host and open to suggestions for improvement. They’ll appreciate your transparency and willingness to provide the best possible experience.

Your listing looks great! Wishing you success as a host, and I’m sure your place will attract lots of happy guests.

Best of luck!