Getting my place rented

Connie583
Level 1
Surf City, NC

Getting my place rented

My place rented in minutes when it was put on Airbnb  Had a great review and now nothing  What am I missing?  

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Perhaps doing your market research into supply and demand for your type of listing in your location taking into account seasonal variations @Connie583 ?

many STR markets  are now oversaturated 

Oksana127
Level 7
Riga, Latvia

Hi there!

It sounds like you’ve had a great start with your first booking, which is awesome! But the slow period afterward can feel frustrating. Don’t worry – there are a few key things that can help get your place rented more frequently. Let’s break it down into listing optimization and design tips to make sure your rental shines:

Host Tips to Improve Your Listing:

Update Your Listing Regularly: Airbnb’s algorithm often favors active listings. Try making small updates to your description, availability, or even photos to keep your listing fresh. You could also run a promotion or adjust your pricing to stay competitive.

Adjust Your Pricing Strategically: Use Airbnb’s smart pricing tool, but also monitor similar listings in Surf City to ensure your price is aligned with market trends. Sometimes adjusting prices even slightly can attract new guests.

Improve Your Title and Description: Your title should grab attention quickly. Something like “Beachfront Getaway w/ Stunning Views – Walk to Surf & Sun!” can be more appealing than a simple “Entire rental unit.” Highlight unique features like proximity to the beach or any amenities you offer (e.g., free parking, outdoor shower, or fast Wi-Fi for remote work).

Increase the Number of Reviews: Reviews are gold. If you’re just starting, consider offering a small discount to encourage more bookings and reviews. Positive guest feedback will boost your listing visibility and trustworthiness.

Respond Quickly to Inquiries: Airbnb prioritizes hosts who respond fast. Enable notifications on your phone and be proactive in answering guest inquiries.

Boost Your Calendar Visibility: Open up your calendar for last-minute bookings or create special offers for longer stays. Some guests look for flexible hosts, so it’s good to keep your availability wide open, especially during the off-season.

Design Tips to Make Your Space Stand Out:

Refresh Your Photos: The photos on your listing are key! Make sure they’re bright and clear, taken during the day with good natural light. Consider hiring a professional photographer if you haven't already. Show off the best parts of your space, like any ocean views, cozy spots, or unique decor touches.

Add Thoughtful Touches: Surf City is a beach destination, so why not lean into that? Include beach-themed decor like neutral colors, natural textures (like wicker or jute), and coastal-inspired artwork. A well-placed surfboard, even as wall art, can tie the space to the local vibe.

Create Inviting Spaces: Think about comfort – does your seating area look cozy? Could your bedroom be made more luxurious with soft throws, extra pillows, or high-quality linens? Adding plants or fresh flowers can also make the space feel more welcoming and alive.

Highlight Key Amenities: Does your rental have a grill, outdoor shower, or beach gear (chairs, umbrellas, etc.)? Be sure to highlight these both in your photos and listing. People love spaces that make their vacation easier.

Consider Seasonal Styling: Since Surf City is a beach town, your decor should match the season. Think lighter fabrics and bright, airy designs for summer, and maybe cozier throws and warm lighting during cooler months. This helps potential guests visualize themselves in your space depending on the time of year.

Ensure a Clear and Welcoming Entrance: Your listing’s first impression is the entrance. Make sure it’s welcoming, clean, and well-lit, especially if you offer self-check-in. Maybe add a small welcome sign or a cozy doormat to make guests feel right at home as soon as they arrive.

By tweaking your pricing, improving your listing with fresh content, and adding thoughtful design touches, you should start seeing more bookings. Best of luck!

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Connie583 

Have you compared your pricing to other places to check that you are in line with pricing?

I put in a date in October for a 1 night stay and it came out at 300€ for the guest.  Your cleaning fee is very high I feel for 1 night - it's much higher than your fee for the night.  Airbnb have introduced a new feature - you can programme a lower cleaning fee for 1 to 2 nights and another one for 3+ nights.  Some might argue that it makes no difference but at least it is there if you want it.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Connie583

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear bookings have been a bit slow since your first one - did you get a chance to read all the advice other Hosts are shared with you?

A big thank you to @Helen3@Oksana127 and @Joelle43 for your tips 🌟

Rebecca  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines