Have you considered becoming a Co-Host?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Have you considered becoming a Co-Host?

Co-host.jpeg

Hello everyone,

There are different situations that might lead us to look for a Co-Host, whether we are just starting out and want the best advice from the beginning, or if we need help with daily activities ranging from cleaning and welcoming guests to full-service property management.

Have you ever thought about becoming a Co-Host? Or, if you are already a Co-Host, would you like to share some tips with those considering becoming one?

Share your experience in the comments.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

24 Replies 24
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Deb4607, I hope everything is well.

Here is a guide about 👉How to find and become an experienced Co-Host on Airbnb.

I hope this helps. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Certainly!

Considering co-hosting? It's a smart move, whether you're starting out or seeking help with daily tasks. Already a co-host? Share your tips to inspire others. It's all about collaboration for smoother property management.

Best,
[illashiza]

Dear Paula:

I’m doing Co-host because you create a new and increase your vision in the business. Also help you to develop your communication and listening skills and increase your network..

Best Regards,

Arlene Otero

AK Home Stays Solutions

Eniola6
Level 2
Winnipeg, Canada

I would love to know more about co-hosting. Must the person live in the same house as i am? Does it come with a cost? 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Eniola6, thank you so much for sharing your questions with us 😊

I'd be happy to help by sharing a guide where you can find more information on how to become an experienced Co-Host on Airbnb.

I'd also like to tag one of our most experienced Co-Hosts, @Joan2709, to see if she can share some insights from her experience with you.

All the best.

-----

Hi @Eniola6 

@Paula tagged me regarding Co-Hosting. Most start Co-Hosting for a family member or friend who has an Airbnb. There is no requirement for you to live in the home/listing; in fact, many Co-Hosts work remotely and handle almost all their tasks via a computer or phone.

I started by helping out a friend with some signs she needed in her Airbnbs. I got interested in learning more, so I started researching how to run a sucessful Airbnb Business. I watched a lot of YouTube videos....I mean a lot!  I started co-hosting for her and she referred me to other Hosts who wanted to improve and optimize their listings. 

You can do everything from handling guest communication, pricing/ calendar, to helping new Hosts create their listings. You can even handle cleaning & maintenance. I found my niche in listing optimization. which includes reviewing the entire listing and suggesting changes to photos, title, description, design & furniture, guest communication, marketing, etc.I also learned about what the best smart home devices are (smart locks, cameras, Wi-fi thermostats, noise monitors, etc.). I also researched what are the best items for furnishing Airbnbs and what are the best supplies to use. I do most of this remotely, but have also done consulting at the actual listing in person. I also create House Manuals and Area Guides for Hosts.

I have cleaned Airbnb's so I know what it takes to have a 5-star cleaning team (it includes a cleaning checklist BTW!) and how important good cleaners are to the success of your business. There is no such thing as "...eh it's good enough" when it comes to cleaning if you want the Airbnb to be successful. Becoming a good co-host requires effort and many are not willing to put in that effort. Attention to detail is also a must. 

I would suggest if you do start co-hosting you should have a written contract which clearly spells out what Host and Co-Host are responsbile for. I would also suggest an initial short contract period of 3-4 months. This enables either party to end the agreement if things don't work out. It is definitely a "team"  environment and sometimes people have different views about what it takes to run a successful Airbnb business. It is work. It is not "passive income."  Both Host and Co-Host should be on the same page. If you're not, then it won't work! 

Hope that helps and wish you much success in any future co-host endeavors!

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. If I consider having a co host for my listing, what will be the cost like? 

Hi @Eniola6 

That depends on what tasks the Co-Host performs. If they only handle platform tasks like guest communication, calendar, pricing, etc. it could be 20% of bookings. If they have to perform cleaning, maintenance on the property and have direct interactions with guests, it can be as high as 40% of bookings. It all depends on how much or how little you wish them to do. 

Andry34
Level 2
Plantation, FL

Yes! I would love to co-host. I have been a Superhost for 2 years. If I had the opportunity to be a co-host, I would do it too.

Screenshot (787).png

Alain1380
Level 2
Miami, FL

Yes, I have considered becoming a co-host. The role offers a unique opportunity to enhance my skills in hospitality management and guest relations. It allows me to collaborate with other hosts, share responsibilities, and provide a seamless experience for guests. Moreover, it offers flexibility and the chance to engage with a diverse range of guests, ensuring their stays are enjoyable and memorable.