Help me improve my listing

Help me improve my listing

Hi, all,

I've recently created my first airbnb listing. In the two months since I've started, I haven't had even 1 person interested. Can anyone share some tips about how to improve my listing? Or have any other advice for first-timers?

https://www.airbnb.com/h/northacresofrickettsglenllc

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Saundra-Lee0 

Congratulations !   That is a beautiful house.

I would suggest change your cover photo.  The picture with the deck I think is more inviting.

It is very good to disclose buy don't give a bad impression.  A Potential Guest doesn't know you or your property so they are building the image in their mind.  One picture of the pest control showing in every room can build the imagination that bugs are everywhere.

Unless you have a specific importance to check out at 10 am don't scare me.

The same about the drive way don't overkill if a regular car has no problem.

You want to avoid certain types of guests, we all do, but the focus on enticing guests to at least message.

Use the Airbnb New Host Discount that gets you higher in the search. 

The blocked dates limited the search results so you nay not have bookings until closer to your available dates.

thank you so much! i implemented some of your tips, and got our first booking the day after i made the edits 🙂 

Oksana127
Level 6
Riga, Latvia

Hi there! Congratulations on creating your first Airbnb listing! It can be tough getting started, but with a few tweaks, I’m sure you’ll start seeing more interest. Here are some design tips to help improve your listing and attract more guests:

First Impressions Matter – Optimize Your Photos

High-quality photos are one of the biggest factors in attracting guests. Your listing’s cover photo should be bright, clear, and showcase the best feature of your space (e.g., a cozy living area, a beautiful view, or a stylish bedroom). Here are a few photo tips:

• Natural Light: Take photos during the day when your space is filled with natural light. Open all curtains and blinds to maximize brightness.
  • Declutter: Make sure the space looks clean and inviting. Remove personal items and excess clutter to create a minimalist, hotel-like feel.
  • Highlight Unique Features: If your listing has any unique aspects (cool artwork, plants, or an amazing view), make sure to highlight those in the photos.
  • Consistency: Use similar angles in each room for consistency in the listing photos. Professional or semi-professional photos can really make a difference too!

Interior Design – Create a Cohesive Look

Guests love spaces that feel well put together, even if they’re simple. Here are a few ways to improve the overall aesthetic:

• Color Scheme: Stick to a neutral or consistent color palette throughout the space. Shades of white, beige, gray, and soft blues tend to be inviting and give a clean, relaxing vibe.
  • Accents: Add a few accent pieces like stylish throw pillows, plants, or artwork to give the space personality. But keep it balanced – too much can feel cluttered.
  • Comfort: Focus on making the space comfortable and functional. Invest in comfortable bedding, and ensure the furniture is arranged in a way that feels open and easy to navigate.

Details Matter – Small Touches Go a Long Way

• Decor: Think about simple additions like soft throws, candles, and books. These small touches make guests feel like they are in a thoughtfully designed space.
  • Functional Decor: Add a couple of plants for a fresh, vibrant feel, or stylish lamps for softer lighting in the evenings.
  • Mirror Placement: If your space is small, using mirrors can help make it feel bigger and brighter. Consider placing a large mirror in the living room or hallway to create the illusion of space.

Comfort & Amenities – Appeal to What Guests Need

• Guest Comfort: Ensure your listing clearly highlights comfortable beds, high-quality linens, and towels. If you offer any extra perks (like coffee machines, streaming services, or workspace areas), be sure to showcase them!
  • WiFi & Work Area: In the age of remote work, highlighting a strong WiFi connection and a comfortable workspace can be a major selling point. If you don’t already have one, consider setting up a small desk or dedicated working area.

Improve the Listing Description

While photos are key, a strong listing description is equally important. Make sure your description highlights:

• What makes your place unique: Mention any standout features (e.g., location, amenities, view, cozy atmosphere).
  • Who it's perfect for: Whether your space is great for couples, business travelers, or families, make it clear who would enjoy staying there.
  • Nearby attractions: Highlight nearby restaurants, attractions, public transport, or parks to appeal to potential guests.

Pricing & Flexibility

If bookings are slow, try lowering your price slightly to attract initial guests. Once you have a few positive reviews, you can adjust the price. Also, consider offering discounts for weekly or monthly stays, as this could appeal to longer-term guests.

Responding Quickly and Proactively

Ensure that your response rate is high. Quick replies and good communication can help encourage more bookings since potential guests know you’re attentive.

By refining your listing with these design and hospitality-focused improvements, you’ll increase the chances of standing out to potential guests. Best of luck – I’m sure you’ll see more interest soon! 😊