How is my listing?

Answered!
Zain131
Level 2
New York, United States

How is my listing?

Hi all,

I am new to Airbnb hosting and was wondering if some can review and critique my listing ?

www.airbnb.com/h/limespace-homes

1 Best Answer
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Zain131 

I didn't understand if you are sharing a 1 bedroom where are you sleeping in the living room?  You are sharing but not the kitchen?  Does it have 2 bathrooms?  Is it parking on the property or street?  If you are sharing a bedroom lock is a must have since guests don't know you. Fix it says no essentials.

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Lydia593
Level 2
New Smyrna Beach, FL

Hi @Zain131 !  Great start to your listing.  I would turn the grid lines on your camera settings on your iPhone and make sure you’re taking level photos. I’d also add additional photos including some detail shots.  I sometimes will use portrait mode to capture details and find it helps to give potential guests a sense of what the space feels like in person.  

Lydia594
Level 2
Hicksville, OH

@Zain131 Lovely place you have! I noticed you don't have the queen bed pictured under "where you'll sleep". Can you add that? I like the description but there are some typos and missed periods. The pictures could use a little work. Some are taken at a weird angle or are blurry. Perhaps you can retake them at a nice level angle, about chest level? Use natural lighting to your advantage! I also love to put a few bright colored props (such as a book, plant, food in the kitchen) to draw attention to the pictures. I also use Lightroom to edit my pictures. Makes a big difference, even with pictures taken by your phone. Best of luck to you! 🥰 Also, I learned a ton from this guy on Youtube-an Airbnb millionaire. 

https://youtube.com/@airbnbautomated?si=YJcn8wlwD5kgPb1T

Zain131
Level 2
New York, United States

Thank you @Lydia594. i fixed them!

Wow, looks great! 😃 Beautiful pictures!! Some of the last pictures are a little tipped to an angle and the one picture has a crooked lamp shade, but otherwise looks epic! 

Zain131
Level 2
New York, United States

Thanks @Lydia594 , and let me see if i can fix the lamp shade lol Any other feedback will be really appreciated. i already got a few bookings but in last 2 days i havent gotten any views. I am wondering if something else is up.

So I noticed a few grammar errors. Not spelling but wording. Maybe you can have a program look it over? You could paste it in word and have it check it. You mentioned a backyard and grill but there's no pictures. Maybe you can put those on some time? You can also add descriptions to all the pictures. I can share my listing link if you're curious what that looks like. My listing is far from perfect! It's a work in progress. 😄 Also, bullet points for amenities in the listing description can be handy.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/996968448773432173?viralityEntryPoint=1&s=76

Zain131
Level 2
New York, United States

@Lydia594 Oh you have an amazing place! And i can definitely take some inspiration from your listing! thanks

Thank you so much! 😃 I hope it can be a help. I just started back last October, so I'm new at this too. Keep learning and improving and you'll succeed! 

Lou-And-Kami0
Level 1
Naalehu, HI

@Zain131 It looks like a great space!  Your photos should show more wider angles of the entire room spaces and use only your camera long ways instead of up and down.  Zoom out to get the entire space in the frame to show where the kitchen is in relation to the living room and such.  Instead of a close up photo of the desk, zoom out to show the entire space so guests can see where the desk is in the room.  

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Zain131 

I didn't understand if you are sharing a 1 bedroom where are you sleeping in the living room?  You are sharing but not the kitchen?  Does it have 2 bathrooms?  Is it parking on the property or street?  If you are sharing a bedroom lock is a must have since guests don't know you. Fix it says no essentials.

Lykke5
Level 1
Ollerup, Denmark

Hej Zain,

Det ser ud til du er kommet rigtig fint i gang. Jeg er enig i de tidligere kommentarer omkring billederne, det betyder virkelig meget at kvaliteten er god. 
De beskrivelser omkring adgang og at gæsterne deler nogle af områderne med dig som vært, er tydeligt og let forståeligt.

Dine anbefalinger om hvad der findes i nærområdet er også super fint. Måske nogle pjecer om attraktioner kan ligge tilgængeligt i dit hjem. Vi anbefaler også lokale spisesteder. 
Jeg ønsker dig alt det bedste i dit AirBnb eventyr. 

Google Translation added by Community Manager: 

Hi Zayn,

It looks like you're off to a great start. I agree with the previous comments about the pictures, it really means a lot that the quality is good.
The descriptions regarding access and the guests sharing some of the areas with you as the host are clear and easy to understand.

Your recommendations about what is available in the immediate area are also super fine. Perhaps some pamphlets about attractions may be available in your home. We also recommend local eateries.
I wish you all the best in your AirBnb adventure.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Zain131,

You've got some wonderful support here from some of our Hosts. Have you managed to pop back and read the replies below? 

If so, it's always a lovely gesture to pop a like on the comments 👍  and mark a best answer ☑️  if you feel you can. It's like a big virtual hug to the members who supported you and the best answer also supports other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lori3286
Level 2
Sandusky, OH

Hi Zane! What a wonderful place you are sharing! I would love to hear more of your travels..and see more! More pictures of the place, more art work, more of your personality. You’ve been to fabulous places!  I like that it’s very clean looking. I am confused about my space, and what are we sharing. I think your descriptions need fine tuning, it’s a good base to start.
Good luck! Let us know how your doing!

Zain131
Level 2
New York, United States

Hi Lori,

I am still in process of updating the art work and i am updating the description, i do agree it sounds a bit confusing.