Trailer on Wheels Short Term Rental

Trailer on Wheels Short Term Rental

Hi Everyone,

I have a 1/2 acre parcel of land with a very nice water view in Manassas, Prince William County VA.

Unfortunately, the land is not buildable.

Can I rent as a STR a trailer on wheels with all private utilities (water, sewer, light, wifi).

Thank you

1 Reply 1
Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Cereta0 

Sounds lovely!   May you put a rental trailer on this parcel (Short term or long term) - an excellent question.

The answers  will most likely will be easily found at you local city hall or county planning office if not in the city limits. They'll easily find your parcel on the map, and check the zoning. If they say you may with a public hearing (I did this process) you follow their instructions to prepare paperwork packets and application.There will likely be regulations and inspections by public health and safety agencies. If it is in the city limits, the same questions and results may apply. You may be zoned for that, in which case they will get you set up for a business permit, and advise you of whatever rules and regulations exist, including collecting and remitting TOT (transient occupancy taxes). Regulations are common everywhere regarding noise, parking, sanitation, evacuation plans, fire safety, etc. The planning, zoning and permitting staffers will want you to succeed, so definitely ask all our questions and the advantage of their knowledge and skills. 

Let us all know what happens!