I haven't received a payout

I haven't received a payout

Who would help when having problems with Pay out? Airbnb says the reservation has been paied but my paypal account does not show that. The guest has been already 1 week in the propperty and I haven't receive money.

I am a new hosts but I had been able to receive reinburstments as  guest.

So I am not sure why the transaction has not been successfull.

323 Replies 323
Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

I can't even believe that Airbnb operates like this.   After several phone calls I was FINALLY told that there was a problem with early payouts.   You have no idea what kind of IDIOTS I have been dealing with -- they call that "support???"

People so INCREDIBLY stupid they claim that the booking dates and the reservation dates are the same.   That I DID receive a payout, so all must be well.   So STUPID, they can't even get me the link for email support -- which I have yet to find.   They constantly want me to read HUNDREDS of articles instead of telling me how to contact support IN WRITING.

But then again, why would I bother with written support -- when I lost the ability to receive texts to my cell, they FINALLY told me I can only get texts to one number and that I can NOT have any help to back me up with inquiries unless they're registered co-host.

I'm painting the house and once that's done the NEW pictures will go on Homeaway.

@Christine455 Hello Christine, I found your story just as unbelievable as mine!! I am wanting to ask if you eventually received your payout? after the ignorance and stupidity of the messages received from their Help Desk. I would like to write a full account of my situation which has been going on for 6 months now, but first checking if there are still hosts out there that have not been paid.  I would like for us all affected to come together and try to expose this matter of some hosts not receiving payments and being "Shut down". I find that i am still able to communicate on this forum, but if i try to contact Airbnb otherwise, via an email or return message to their email, I get a big Warning sign from my Norton Security saying to not go another further - DANGER!!! So i believe they have managed to put a block against my name or my computer ID Address.

Please let me know of your situation.

Thanks, Bridgette     

@Bridgette  I DID get my payout, just not early.   Although sometimes I have to call and they claim it's "stuck" and fix it.

A couple nights ago I was talking to someone in support because I got a "special offer" email recently for 8% off on Wed before Thanksgiving and I activated it, but wanted to include other days and increase the amount of the discount.

For 20 minutes this person made me look at all the options that I had already checked out and in the end she told me it's a system generated message and we can't set out own special offers -- Airbnb decides the days and amount of the discount. 

Crazy!

And even crazier that the support people don't know that.

It sure is weird that you get that Norton message, how odd!

Christine

Hey @Christine455 it's December 1st, 2020 and I am going through the same problem. I'm owed over 2k for almost a month. Customer service is THE WORST I have ever ever experienced. It's like they gathered all the worst COMCAST and ATT customer service employees and said, now you're at Airbnb and you read screen #430. Haha. I realized they are not BOTS when I saw their horrible spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes. I also work with VRBO, Booking, and Trip Advisor, haven't had a single issue yet. Very professional companies so far. 

Briana

That's INSANE to make you wait for your money like that.  

Due to all these problems, I've signed up with VRBO, was exclusively on Airbnb until last year.

Called VRBO twice about questions with the site and how to do stuff in one day.  Both time I had hardly any (no) wait time, some English speaking person answered and competently explained how things work.  I was FLOORED!

Now I don't host on Airbnb at all because I'd have to charge my guests at least a $500 cleaning fee to clean and then sanitize "everything" in my fully stocked 1,400 sq ft house.

If anyone would like to do this for my $75 cleaning fee, there's a job!

Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

AND I just found out that my guests are paying HUGE fees to Airbnb which Airbnb won't even disclose to me. 

I don't mind paying for a platform with TOP NOTCH support, but this is NOT it.

Derek210
Level 2
Cork, Ireland

I have just escalated my complaint reagarding not receiving my payout. I hope it will be rectified soon! Will keep you posted

Did you receive your payment?

Hello Derek, have you now received your payout? or did you have to escalate? Thanks, Bridgette

@Derek210     Hello Derek,  Have you now received your payment after escalating your complaint?  thanks, Bridgette 

Don't hold your breath   they are all con artist

Briseida1
Level 2
Tirana, Albania

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Still waiting, i use international wire. 

So, practically this is stealing?  What to do with my future guest that are due to come in a few days ?

I have already  2 payouts missing

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Briseida1 according to your reviews you are a new host and payout can take up to 30 days. 

Hello I am still waiting for my only payout (thankfully i only had 1 booking with Airbnb this summer). Airbnb keeps insisting that i have received my payout, everyone seems to be reading from a script. They have now closed my case 3 times and i have made it clear that i am not going away. The transfer was via International Wire transfer, but payment never arrived to my bank account. When i checked the information on my account details there was a 4 digit (Default) number which i didn't recognise and airbnb said that was the ending of my bank account which i entered when i registered. Why is the number listed as a Default number? i asked the question and a representative gave me a long ridiculously silly answer, which i can't even remember!!!  I have now asked to make an official complaint and i am now receiving more assistance. I have had to apply for my  Personal Financial Data to be released so that i can check the bank details e.g. name of bank, country of bank, currency etc. I am being told that i may not get permission, it depends on the circumstances. So i will continue to fight this case and hopefully be paid my £700. Yes i consider this stealing!!!

@Briseida1 wrote:

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Still waiting, i use international wire. 

So, practically this is stealing?  What to do with my future guest that are due to come in a few days ?

I have already  2 payouts missing

@Anonymous 

Airbnb Payments UK Ltd

Suite 1, 3rd Floor

11-12 St.James’s Square

London,

SW1Y 4LB

+44 203 318 1111

legal.payments@airbnb.com

Company Number: 09392688

Airbnb Payments UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as an Electronic Money Institution with reference number 900596.

FCA Head Office:

12 Endeavour Square,

London, E20 1JN. 

+44 (0)20 7066 1000 

consumer.queries@fca.org.uk

https://www.fca.org.uk/about/the-fca

Take it to the regulator (FCA, details above), if you keep getting messed about. Good luck!