Learning how to price during events in the community.

Answered!
Shawna138
Level 2
Lander, WY

Learning how to price during events in the community.

My Airbnb is in a college town, and I noticed most hosts increase their price during football events, however there are other events that I do not know about until the start booking.  Any suggestions on how to connect with other hosts in the same city?

1 Best Answer

@Shawna138  Why do you have to be in contact with other hosts? Just raise your prices. Pretty simple. Or just accept what you normally charge. If it's enough on any old day, then it should be enough even if there's a big event in town. 

You can find out about local events on the Internet. I'm very confused about why you would need to contact other hosts. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Shawna138 My only suggestion would be don't. Colluding on pricing is illegal.

Interesting because everyone does it.  Hotels go from $178 a night to over $300.  Airbnb do the same.

@Shawna138  Why do you have to be in contact with other hosts? Just raise your prices. Pretty simple. Or just accept what you normally charge. If it's enough on any old day, then it should be enough even if there's a big event in town. 

You can find out about local events on the Internet. I'm very confused about why you would need to contact other hosts. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Shawna138

If you'd like to connect with local Hosts in your area, you can head to this site to find your local Host clubs. 

Hope this helps! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines