No reservation on our Beach Front Condo

Answered!
Eddie429
Level 1
Gulf Breeze, FL

No reservation on our Beach Front Condo

HELP... So we have had our Beach Front Condo for 1-1/2 years and during this time we have had a total of about 10 reservations. We initially started out and I was literally freaking out, no bookings. we have looked at our listing and just can not figure out what is wrong. Who do we talk to about this. Now on the other hand, we have our condo listed on another site too. Booking.com and that is where 98% of our bookings have come from. So just don't know why this is going on. What to do? Who to call? Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

1 Best Answer

@Eddie429. Hi Eddie, firstly lots of blocked out dates rest of May so are these bookings or something else? Blocked dates would indicate bookings have picked up for June/July. true?

Secondly your first 5 pics are so important. I would swap them out. The first one suggests that your unit might be at the back of the block- otherwise why else hide those great views until after pic 11??

I'd bring forward pics with water views but especially 16, 39, 40 and 43. Yes, furniture and layout is still important but they will only look at that after you've got their attention.

Dont forget moving pics around and updating description is a refresh that can boost your listing so never leave it unchanged for too long and play around with pricing, even if its marginal (you should be checking in regularly to see booking occupancy and rates of competitors, their reviews, etc)

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

@Eddie429. Hi Eddie, firstly lots of blocked out dates rest of May so are these bookings or something else? Blocked dates would indicate bookings have picked up for June/July. true?

Secondly your first 5 pics are so important. I would swap them out. The first one suggests that your unit might be at the back of the block- otherwise why else hide those great views until after pic 11??

I'd bring forward pics with water views but especially 16, 39, 40 and 43. Yes, furniture and layout is still important but they will only look at that after you've got their attention.

Dont forget moving pics around and updating description is a refresh that can boost your listing so never leave it unchanged for too long and play around with pricing, even if its marginal (you should be checking in regularly to see booking occupancy and rates of competitors, their reviews, etc)

@Frances3408 

Hello and good evening. Thank you for those wonderful suggestions. We will definitely be making some.of the suggested changes. As for availa le days, we have our listing on another site. (Booking.com) and from that site you can see we are booked up for the spring n summer and quite a few days into the fall. We have our calendar open 12 months out, and would like to have more airbnb reservations. Hopefully these suggestions will help. Initially when we 1st started , I was very concerned as we had very few airbnb bookings, and then we listed on additional sites and it literally blew up. 

Thanks for your time and hopefully this will work.

Thank you very much.

Eddie & Natalia

@Eddie429. Ah that makes sense. Glad I was some help. I would say Booking.com and Airbnb are often appealing to different markets so good to be across both.