Listing Feedback- (New Host) Kalpana in Dehradun, India

Kalpana18
Level 2
Dehradun, India

Listing Feedback- (New Host) Kalpana in Dehradun, India

Hello everybody, 
I am a new host on ABnB and only just figured out there is a community forum. I realize I can make plenty of changes to my listing but it will be super helpful if you get provide some insight into how I can proceed. I do not have access to big funds so hope to make the changes gradually. The aim is to ultimately develop a chilled out property- cafe+restro+homestay, in my hometown in the foothills of Himalayas. This property is like a joint-project of my family and we really love the space. There are 3 cabins that I have listed separately, as I don't know if there's a better way to do it. The waterfall is seasonal and flows for about 6-8 months a year.  The links are below. Look forward to your feedback 🙂

airbnb.co.in/h/lhcabin1

airbnb.co.in/h/lhcabin2

airbnb.co.in/h/lhcabin3

11 Replies 11
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Kalpana18 

I think your listings look great! To manage different units on the same property, you can link the calendars. You can read Airbnb's instructions here

Linking calendars for multiple listings - Airbnb Help Center

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kalpana18 , Welcome to the Community Center! It's so great to see you share your question in the Community. How are you getting along with your hosting journey? The beautiful city of  Dehradun is a dream location for many tourists 😍

As our Hosts continue to share their amazing ideas with you, I thought you might find these guides from some of our seasoned Community members helpful. They offer great tips and insights, and I hope you find them useful! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you for these useful links Bhumika. Will definitely check them out. 🙂

P.s you should visit ddn as well someday (during monsoon )! Stay's on us.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much for the kind comment @Kalpana18 🤗🌻!

On a side note, do share some pictures of the beautiful sceneries with our Community someday 😍.

Hope the summers are treating you well! It has been a bit of an heatwave scenario in other states of the country. I visited Gujarat recently back home (we're back in Toronto though now), and we didn't go out much during the afternoons for the same reason😒

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Shelley159 So i have 3 different cabin's at the same property next to each other. If I link their calendars , booking 1 cabin would automatically block the others, right? I will go through the instructions provided 😄 thank you

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Kalpana18 

This may help to get started with linking the calendars: 

Linking calendars for multiple listings - Airbnb Help Center

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Kalpana18 

Beautiful.

I was a little confused title said entire cabin but it says no kitchen and pictures are outside and a bedroom?

No wi-fi relax and unwind then it says dedicated work station?

It also says no essentials I have seen a few that say that  but it means essentials like toilet paper or a towel to shower?

I loved your description really enticing.

Thanks @Marie8425  for checking these details-

- the cabins don't have kitchen because of the way they were constructed. There's a restaurant on-site and there wasn't a need for the kitchen when they were made. It is essentially 3 bedrooms with attached bathrooms, and the common areas shared between guests. We do not have wifi, but still have the areas for guests to work if the want to. Would have to use their cellular data for the internet, though. 

- I will change the essentials*. Thanks for the tip.

-thank you for the description but it is largely AI generated using a lot of directed prompts. I am working on a more natural and descriptive version for it. 🙂 

Your listing is beautiful and it makes me want to come visit. 🙂

Keep up the good work, it looks like you're going in the right direction. 

RitaAnn~

Michelle2922
Level 2
Portland, OR

Hi Kaplana!

What an amazing place!

Overall things look really wonderful!  I mostly looked at the pictures, as do, I think, most guests.  There were just a few things that really stuck out, especially as a westerner, that didn't match the overall magical (bunnies!!?) quality of your listing.   

Things I would edit from your pics:

-The bucket and cleaning supplies from you bathroom pictures

-the fan in the bedroom picture

-do not include the sign for the cafe in the beautiful picture of your billiards/pool table area

-I understand the plastic banner signs are likely the normal thing and effective, but think about replacing your banner signs(at least the main one) with some sort of handmade, maybe wooden, sign with lights to draw attention. It would look amazing in pictures and really pull everything together.  I guess the signage just feels a little jarring when everything else feels so peaceful and magical.  You don't want to add anything that will disrupt that feeling--in pictures or reality!

You are really off to a great start!  Good luck to you!

Michelle

Dr-Jayanthi1
Level 10
Coimbatore, India

Hello @Kalpana18 Got the opportunity to view your listing. Amazing nature around. Water is astounding. Kudos to your hosting journey.

However I would like to bring a few aspects to your notice.

1. You say 3 person - does your description detail where the third person will sleep? Did I miss that?

2. No kitchen with an in house restaurant is fine - yet can you add in a kettle with some coffee/tea. Guests always prefer it that way.

3. The shared pool is a bit challenging if guests of the different cabins have to share. Can you describe that pool slots can be booked ahead (during stay booking), to ensure privacy and preparedness for the guests. 

4. Creating descriptions with AI is interesting but work on your prompts. Make the description more fun and engaging. Feed in pictures and create descriptions. You could look into my posts on use of AI.

5. Mention ways that can bring in privacy/private times to your guests - a walk, local attractions etc.

6. Create your guide book with good illustrations. I am happy to assist you on that if you may need.

Mighty Himalayas can of course bring in a hoard of guests. Put on your creative hat and transform your listing (AI can be your assistant).

Best wishes. 😍 Happy Hosting!