Listing Feedback

Gabriel5580
Level 1
Chiavari, Italy

Listing Feedback

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 12.12.12 PM.png

Hi everyone! I am new to the community and I would really appreciate some feedback on my listing: 

I started hosting a few weeks ago and got a few bookings pretty quickly. I was hoping that once I received a few positive reviews I would start to get even more bookings. I suddenly stopped receiving inquiries about two weeks ago despite 5 star reviews from my first two groups of guests. I imagine that part of it has to do with the fact that tourism in Liguria is seasonal and the busiest time of the year is during the summer. Any thoughts on how I can make my listing more attractive would be greatly appreciated!

[Content modified by OCM]

15 Replies 15
Cristina3382
Level 2
Tromsø, Norway

Beautiful place. 

As others have mentioned: lower the minimum number of nights. What you can do is increase the price per night and then give a discount starting at night 3. That way a 2 night stay is 85-90% the price of a 3 night stay. Since many hosts prefer 3 night minimums, you will get 2 night stays that pay nearly as much as 3 nights. works great for us.

Get a professional photographer. Stage the place and light it up dramatically for the pictures. The balcony picture needs to be one of the first 5 pictures. Pictures are critical. The cost of a professional photographer is worth it without a doubt. Look at your landing page, see how the 5 pictures are all similar and you see a lot of shadow/dark spots in the room. You need super bright images that highlight the space, ceiling heights and ornate ceilings, and you need to showcase the outside/balcony in the first 5 pictures. Stage with some wine/cheese, etc. You are selling a 'lifestyle and experiential stay, not an empty house'. The guest needs to imagine themselves in the pictures.

At the end of the day, your success boils down to showing up on the first page of a search. Showing up on the first page of a search is a function of reviews, the number of clicks on your listing, number of times your listing was wish listed, and even things like the resolution of your images. How your listing shows is critical to your success.

Best,

Cristina