Listing not receiving views

Answered!
Biro5
Level 2
Batroun, Lebanon

Listing not receiving views

Why does my ad not receive views or reservations, even though the area in which it is located is very touristy

**[Title updated] 

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Biro5   Take better pictures!  More light and sunshine -- the room looks like it is in a basement and is very dark and sterile with little personality.  Start with a good shot of the sliding glass doors and the view outside, then move onto the interior.  It must look inviting.

Add more information to your description.  You have three sentences... what is wonderful about your space?  Why would someone want to rent it over another apartment in the same building?  

You have listed as a chalet.  This is a very limiting niche market term, and it does not appear that your property is a chalet such as a person would find on the side of a mountain near skiing or other resort activities.

Best wishes for success.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Biro5   Take better pictures!  More light and sunshine -- the room looks like it is in a basement and is very dark and sterile with little personality.  Start with a good shot of the sliding glass doors and the view outside, then move onto the interior.  It must look inviting.

Add more information to your description.  You have three sentences... what is wonderful about your space?  Why would someone want to rent it over another apartment in the same building?  

You have listed as a chalet.  This is a very limiting niche market term, and it does not appear that your property is a chalet such as a person would find on the side of a mountain near skiing or other resort activities.

Best wishes for success.

Nur785
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Hi @Biro5

I agree with @Lorna170 that the biggest issue seems to be the photos. I see you have a couple of the sliding doors looking over sea, but I think you need photos of the room in the daylight and perhaps have someone else take them. The photos need to show the space to be welcoming. I would take a completely new set of photos. Even the photo of the balcony ( a very nice balcony btw) is sort of crooked. You should consider having a friend with a better eye for framing take the shots. 

Second, It's a lovely property but I think you are priced a little too high for a shared home situation in your area. I checked out some other properties in Batroun and it seems like one can find properties that are not shared for half your nightly rate. You might want to consider the market in your area and stay in that range, especially when you are new and have one 4 star review. One of the new updates actually shows how comparable your prices are to similar properties in your area. You can try that out. 

I've never been to Batroun, but my time in Beirut is one of my fondest memories. I am positive with a few changes you'll be able to attract vacationers who would appreciate the space and the area. 

Good luck.