Listing town/towns

Answered!
Cathie3
Level 1
Wilsonville, OR

Listing town/towns

I just listed property in fairly small town adjacent to Plymouth MA, a popular vacation site, and want to have listing come up when someone searches for places in Plymouth. 

Can that be done, and, if so, how?

1 Best Answer
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

Because of your proximity to Plymouth, it's happening automatically. I ran a search for Plymouth, 4 guests, entire House, 2 bdrm, 3 beds, and didn't even bother to narrow the price range. You place came up in the middle of about 12 matches.

If that helped, hit the thumbs-up button below.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

Because of your proximity to Plymouth, it's happening automatically. I ran a search for Plymouth, 4 guests, entire House, 2 bdrm, 3 beds, and didn't even bother to narrow the price range. You place came up in the middle of about 12 matches.

If that helped, hit the thumbs-up button below.

Natalia27
Level 2
Scuol, Switzerland

I have a property that I am trying to host in a small beautiful town in Swiss Alps. It is very unlikely that tourists that are looking for a vacation spot in Swiss Alps will know the name of the town and will conduct their search using it's name. What should I do to give this property a better exposure? How can I modify the name of the place to use search engine more efficiently with better results. It is a great vacation destination but kind of "hidden jewel". I would greatly appreciate any advice.

@Natalia27 You might change your listing locale to the nearby larger town (Scuol). When I searched using that, for 6 or 8 guests, and with or without having Entire House checked, your listing came up in the first page of results.

By the way, If I searched just using the larger "Engadine" area, your place didn't come up unless I dragged its approximate location nearer the center of the map. Until then, all of the hist were to your southwest.

Thank you very much. Now, do you know how can I change a location name?

@Natalia27 To change the location, you'll have to contact AirBnB and "make a case". Here are ways to contact Airbnb.

On the other hand, as I mentioned, when I searched on Scuol, your place came up pretty readily.

By the way, I passed through nearby Nauders, Austria last year on a bike tour. Lovely area.

Thank you very much. It looks like I managed to change a location. I appreciate your comment about the area greatly. It is really magnificent place for people with all kind of interests.