Listings have disappeared - long time super host

Answered!
Rochelle127
Level 2
Bentonville, AR

Listings have disappeared - long time super host

Anyone having issues with their listings just disappearing from Airbnb? I’ve been having this problem for a couple of months now and at first just assumed that a mix of inflation and a slow time of year for bookings were to blame, but this is month 3 of literally zero bookings. I have had one person book and that guest had to go back to previous messages to find me. I have searched myself from another device and also had family and friends search from out of state. Nothing. Back in January I messaged Airbnb regarding this and they stated that they have received a lot of other complaints for the same thing from other hosts and it is a glitch with the system and that their engineers are fixing it and should be resolved quickly. Fast forward to today, and I get the same response back that their algorithm has a glitch since the update and their engineers are working on it. I’ve been a long time super host and my area is not super saturated. Typically from March-November I maintain 80-90% occupancy for each of my listings and our slow season from December - February I have maintained at least 45-50% occupancy. Since October - nothing. The only reservations I had were ones that had been booked for quite some time over Christmas and new years. 
I have consistently maintained super host, never had to cancel a single reservation, update my listings consistently, run promotions, and only block off dates when family is coming to visit, which has only been a few times. The most frustrating part is when I have people search for my exact zip code and the first 5 pages are other listings from far away, some as far as 3.5 hours. There may be a couple for my exact city, but 90% of them are anywhere from 10 miles to 300 mikes away! I could see this happening if there was a sudden influx in Airbnb’s available for my general area, but that is not the case. How are they going to show somewhere 3.5 hours away when my search specifically listed my zip code?

Just wanted to reach out here and see if anyone has experienced this lately or for as long as I have. If so, has it been resolved and what, if anything, did you have to do? 

Also, yes, I confirmed with Airbnb that my listing is active and that no violation or penalty is attached to either listing. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! 

Top Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Rochelle127 ,

I got to know that this is not a bug and both of your listings are visible on the search page right on the first page and also on the map when we search with Rogers, AZ.

The Airbnb search page works best when searched with the name of the region.

Additionally, the search page listing order fluctuates, so occasionally the listing may appear on the first page while other times it does not because we are unable to display all of the listings on a single page (that is why we have maps and filters in place for the guests).

You can find more resources regarding this here :

👉 How search results work

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Adel1702
Level 1
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

unfortunatelly I faced this issue lately, and I couldn't find a way to reach the Air bnb's support team to clarify the issue.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Rochelle127 ,

I am raising your concern with the technical team as well, just in case they can provide any information regarding this or if there is anything we can do to help here.

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Rochelle127 ,

I got to know that this is not a bug and both of your listings are visible on the search page right on the first page and also on the map when we search with Rogers, AZ.

The Airbnb search page works best when searched with the name of the region.

Additionally, the search page listing order fluctuates, so occasionally the listing may appear on the first page while other times it does not because we are unable to display all of the listings on a single page (that is why we have maps and filters in place for the guests).

You can find more resources regarding this here :

👉 How search results work

-----

I’ve had this issue too since late March. I get random bookings like 1 per month while I have been booked every weekend in the past and in a superhost but won’t be now bc occupancy is so low. 

I’ve called multiple times. It gets better the. Happens again.  I am in the Nashville area 

please help!  Thanks