Looking for co host Smith Mountain Lake - Moneta

Answered!

Looking for co host Smith Mountain Lake - Moneta

We are in the process of purchasing a home on Smith Mountain Lake that currently has rentals booked through Airbnb. We would love to honor the reservations that have already been made when we close on the home. We live too far away to be an accommodating host. We are looking for someone who lives in the Smith Mountain Lake area who would be interested in becoming a co-host. 

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @David10273 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

You can find Co-Hosts in your area and get in touch with them through this link: Find a Co-host near you.

Do let us know if there is a Cohost available for your area.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @David10273 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

You can find Co-Hosts in your area and get in touch with them through this link: Find a Co-host near you.

Do let us know if there is a Cohost available for your area.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

As I'm sure the current STR property owner Tok you existing bookings through Airbnb are not transferable. You are buying a house not the STR business.

the current owner will need to cancel the bookings paying the cancellation fee. The current owner can direct these guests to you to rebook through the Airbnb listing you set up.

the owner really shouldn't have accepted bookings he couldn't honour @David10273 

Hi David

Have you found anyone yet? I owned waterfront property years ago and live in the area..very interested in cohosting. I work part time at a local veterinary hospital. Bred and show AKC Champion dogs. I know the area and am a very trusted as I pet sit as well, have multiple references.

Hi Tammy. Thank you for writing. 
we haven’t found anyone yet. We are in the process of closing on a house tentatively the first week of August. The people who own the house now have Airbnb rentals, and we have to honor those reservations. We live 3.5 hours away and feel that we would not be able to fully accommodate the people renting the home. If you are still interested we will keep you posted when the closing date comes closer so that we can let you know more details. 
The quickest way to get a hold of me is by phone call or text. My number is

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Talk to you soon,

David Szczepanek

You can host from afar. My house is 6 hours from me. We have a cleaning person and we pay her a little extra to go weekly and move trash cans to the curb. There are a lot of SML rentals so the cleaning business there is probably robust. Look for a cleaner on Facebook groups for SML. I'm new to hosting too. Started in August. I also have a contractor in the area if I should ever need that type of work. 

Also I would want to try to honor and capture those already booked rentals. If they have to be cancelled and rebooked, OK, but I would word it differently and help each guest rebook.

Macey6
Level 1
Charleston, WV

Hi David! I know this post was a year ago but if you are still looking for a cohost or wanting to add another please don’t hesitate to reach out to me and we can set up a call! I have recently moved to the area and have previous background in cohosting!