Mid-term in Cincinnati is not getting much interests. What am i not doing right? Tips appreciated

Mid-term in Cincinnati is not getting much interests. What am i not doing right? Tips appreciated

I followed a lot of recommendations previously given to elevate my listing including adding all the amenities and getting professional pictures. I did add in the other notes section about security deposit, ID, background check etc to be upfront in my requirement- this seemed to have run away the interest I did have. Im interested in any tips to help gain more interests and ultimately bookings. Link below for your review.  Please advise. TIA

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1113865927851510184?adults=1&children=0&enable_m3_private_room=true&inf...

3 Replies 3
Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Ashley1906 

Before looking deeper into any opportunities for your listing I would like to make sure, that it’s your intention to limit the minimum stay to 30 nights? Best regards, Karen

IMG_6816.jpeg

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Ashley1906 

Maybe the wordings and requirements of a long term rental.  I do primarily temporary employment housing.  My typical Guests are with me minimum 30 days sometimes as long as 6 months.  They use Airbnb rentals rather than a private or property company managed rental because they wish to avoid a long term agreement.  .  A long term rental agreement has protections but also obligations to the tenant.

Sometimes a tenant will book a month with the intention to book the next month and halfway through the paid month the company needs him to go to another state.  They aren't worried about refunds but they are not worried about giving me 30 days notice or dealing with me concerning a security deposit.

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ashley1906,

The pictures look very nice.   When we first listed our space, we accepted short-term stays to get reviews and move the listing up in the search results.  Then we switched to mid-term rental after the fifth stay/review and keep the rate at the lower end of the market range because we do require insurance and an extra services deposit.

My primary design suggestion for your place is to remove the decorative items from the entertainment stand and lower the TV to a height that is comfortably visible by a person sitting on the furniture looking at the screen without having to tilt their head up.  The wall art can be lowered an average height person can look straight at it while standing a few feet away from it.  

I also recommend removing the decorative items from the coffee table, side tables, dining table and console table (you can leave the little bathroom tray there to hold keys) window sills and bathroom vanities.  Guests don't want to and won't dust those items during their stay, and are not careful with these types of things.  Take out the electric waterfalls take up space.  They use additional electricity and may get damaged or cause water damage due to improper handling and operation. 

You already have the hair dryer installed, but I think it's unnecessary for your target guest (and something else to get broken/require replacement) because most mid-term guests carry their own personal hygiene and grooming gear, such as shavers, hair trimmers, flat/curling irons, hair dryers, electric toothbrushes and flossing machines.

We just signed up to offer Waivo vacation rental damage protection plans: https://waivo.io/hosts-owners/.  These policies are very similar to what Vrbo offers to guests.  We will give guests the choice between obtaining renter's insurance or we obtain the damage protection plan and they have to pay an additional extra services fee for it. The following is what is written for one of our rentals regarding the rental agreement, renter's insurance and extra services deposit.

"Guests are required to provide IDs, sign a short-term rental agreement that specifies the Airbnb terms of what's included in the rental and that guests will not gain tenant's rights,

Guest must obtain Renter's Insurance or pay for a short-term/vacation rental damage protection policy, and a refundable extra services deposit of $200 via Airbnb's Resolution Center."

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center