My Listing no longer appears in My City Search Results

Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

My Listing no longer appears in My City Search Results

With the recent updates, my listing stopped appearing in a location search. If you search by city and state, then zoom out on the map, you can find it. But if you search Jamestown, CA, and don't zoom out, it won't appear in the search results. I've noticed that my booking has slowed down significantly. Even houses in neighboring cities appear over mine—any suggestions.

5 Replies 5
Jennifer1773
Level 10
Brevard, NC

@Jillian115 I tried entering several sets of dates (some upcoming and some pretty far out) while searching in Jamestown, CA. When I did that the map zoomed out and your listing showed up. Not ideal, but less scary...

@Jennifer1773 Yeah you can find it from the map only now. I used to appear towards the top of every search. Now I'm not in the search listings at all. 

@Jennifer1773 I see what you mean now. If you narrow the search by date it appears. Anyway it seems strange that it doesn't take into account zipcode. If I search Jamestown, CA Sonora appears more than Jamestown.

@Jillian115 yes, I noticed that too. In your case, the map seems to skew toward more available listings (there are a lot of them in Sonora).

I also noticed something similar (but more extreme) a few weeks back in a new host's listing in Wokingham, England. In that case, when you search for a place in Wokingham, England, Wokingham is not even on the map! Very strange...You have to move the map significantly southeast to even have the town show up: 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/New/m-p/1456676#M318715 

In that case, narrowing the search by date does not help at all. 

@Jennifer1773 Thanks I'm going to put in a ticket. I doubt it will make a difference but i'll add the other in there as well.  I used to get over 850 views a week now its dropped to 500. It's made a big difference with my bookings suddenly.