Missing booking.

Boe7
Level 1
St Merryn, United Kingdom

Missing booking.

Hi,

Can anyone help me as new to Airbnb.  I have taken bookings all over the summer and then I put them on a spreadsheet too to keep record of who has paid etc.  I had a booking in October and had put this on my spreadsheet even indicating that they had asked for use of the hot tub which is optional. I was just browsing through my Airbnb Account and now there is no booking for that date at all or any record or any emails from someone of that name in the inbox. I am totally baffled. Thought maybe I had got confused as I use VRBO as well but it is not there as I have only two bookings with them.  Anyone help I feel like I am going a bit crazy haha and also worried as not sure if do have a booking or not. 

thanks. If someone cancels surely there is still a record?

Boe 

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Boe7 Did you get an email saying someone had booked or did you just see it in your calendar. If the former then you will have an email record to prove you are not going mad. If the latter then these 'bookings' can occasionally appear and then just disappear if the guest doesn't finalise payment.

Boe7
Level 1

Well I had presumed they had sent an email as I had marked in my spreadsheet they had requested the hot tub which they do through email. But there is no trace of an email at all. 

For example I have a record of someone who asked to book and I pre- approved but then they never booked so I assumed anyone who had done that would have a trail. Oh well I can only assume if it is not in my calendar and no emails then they are not coming!  At least I hope not! ha thanks for the help!

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Boe7   It is also possible that the guest was new to Airbnb and their payment method was not approved or they were removed from the platform for some reason.   I have found that when a person loses the right to use Airbnb, they are scrubbed from the system as if they never existed.   

Keep up your spreadsheet and double check the status of a booking before you enter it.  Requests to book can look very similar to booked and paid up, especially when the request temporarily blocks the calendar.   P.s., you are not going mad.  Welcome to the world of hosting through an OTA.

Boe7
Level 1

Thanks Lorna... I was questioning if I had dreamed it haha!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Boe7 

Why put things manually in a spreadsheet if you can download the spreadsheet file from the "list of reservations" (CSV format).

I may use the CSV, but I have to add columns of information for housekeeping and tax reporting.  I actually find it easier to review the messages sent about the booking and enter the information I need from that.  So a manual spreadsheet works better for me.  If AirBnB broke out the fee/tax/payment information, their CSV would be more useable.

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

You could copy the complete CSV file to a page in Excel>

On another page in the same spreadsheet, you could link to that page and only use the fields that you want.

I use this to make a list of future guests to be sent to my manager without price info

Boe7
Level 1

Ahh thanks I did not know this! Will have a look.