My listing does not appear on search results

My listing does not appear on search results

I've had my listing active for well over a year. It has consistently appeared as the first listing on the search page for my area. Recently guests have told me my listing wasn't on the search page lately. I checked, and my listing isn't there. However, when I use the filter for Tiny Homes, it appears there. I called Airbnb Support and was told that, yes, my listing does appear in the search results. I've used two different tablet computers, two different phones, and a desk top computer. On none of these devices does my listing appear in the search results.

I would appreciate anyone who would run a search for my listing. Search for Cute Shanty in Quiet Country Setting in San Angelo, Texas.

1 Reply 1

Hi @Larry-And-Janet0 

I did a search for San Angelo and did not see your listing appear in the main search results. Unfortunately, you are probably far enough outside the general vicinity of the main San Angelo area? The only way your listing appeared is when I zoomed out on the map. Sadly, you (and alot of other Hosts) who are on the outskirts of a city or town, have been affected by the Airbnb search algorithm change last year. It puts priority on listings closer to a city or town and listings on the outskirts only appear when the map is zoomed out.

Many Hosts have had to list on other platforms to get around this issue if they find themselves in this situation, as their Airbnb bookings dropped considerably due to this algorithm change. Most guests do not know they can zoom out on the map to see more listings. I have suggested Airbnb put a callout on the search map "Zoom out to see more listings", but they haven't done it. You can see your listing on the outskirts of San Angelo (white bubble top left circled) while all the other listings are clustered closer to town and show price per night. Basically, the way it is now, guests will most likely never even know your listing is there and therefore can't book it.

Joan2709_0-1720916118943.png