New host need advise please

Answered!
Kokila2
Level 2
Luton, United Kingdom

New host need advise please

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here! I live in the UK with my husband and our young son. I love to visit places with my family and take pictures of this amazing planet!🙂

I have just advertised our home and got my first booking within days!

Our first guest booked in for 28 days (that's the maximum number of days I set up) and sent me a message saying he booked our place for his work colleague and he is paying for his colleague's stay. 

Our guest is supposed to arrive today, and I'm concerned about how am I going to communicate directly with the person coming to stay!

I don't want any communication apart from airb&b platform and I'm not comfortable with him communicating through my phone number. 

Should I communicate with the person who booked the place?

Also, how do you go about a cleaning routine for a long-term stay, (28 days in my case) I put extra bed linen and towels in the room the guest staying. 

Our place is a self-contained unit with its own entrance, shower room, kitchen, and a bedroom.

I have arranged the keys in a locker box outside. 

Any support on this would be much appreciated! 🙂 

Look forward to getting to know everyone in the community. 

Thank you. 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I don't accept third party bookings particularly for such a long bookings as you will not be covered by Airbnb if there are any problems with the guests. @Kokila2 

it would have been better to advise for the booking to set up an Airbnb at Work account . In this way the guest would be added to the booking and you would be able to communicate with them and you would be covered if there are any issues with the guest. 

Now I would suggest you should ask for the full name, phone number and email of the guest and for a check in time. Personally I wouldn't have done self check in but would arrange to meet the guest and show them around and emphasise any house rules .

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kokila2 we offer to change the bedding every 7-10 days or so. Primarily to keep an eye on the place. We offer to do it when the guest is there or when they are out (their choice).

Also yes I would communicate via the booker.

Technically 3rd party bookings are not allowed and some will tell you that Aircover is invalidated but I have never seen this in the Ts&Cs

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I don't accept third party bookings particularly for such a long bookings as you will not be covered by Airbnb if there are any problems with the guests. @Kokila2 

it would have been better to advise for the booking to set up an Airbnb at Work account . In this way the guest would be added to the booking and you would be able to communicate with them and you would be covered if there are any issues with the guest. 

Now I would suggest you should ask for the full name, phone number and email of the guest and for a check in time. Personally I wouldn't have done self check in but would arrange to meet the guest and show them around and emphasise any house rules .

@Helen3 where does it say Aircover will not apply to 3rd party bookings? I can't find it anywhere. Further to this for people with self check in (and even for those who meet the guest) how would they know if the booked guest turns up or not.