New policy in place? No review option when guest cancelled

Answered!
Michael5047
Level 6
West Palm Beach, FL

New policy in place? No review option when guest cancelled

Hey,

I recently had two guests cancel their stay on the check-in date.

Neither I nor my guests got the review notification.

Even a couple of days after I'm not able to leave a review.

Did Airbnb change the policy on which reservations are legible for reviews?

I thought that all reservations were legible for review if the reservation was completed or cancelled after the check in date.

Any insight?

Thanks in advance!

Mike from West Palm
1 Best Answer
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

The reservation was not even started, so shouldn't be eligible for review by the guest.  Airbnb in turn writes that  the host cancelled, etc. Nothing for the guest to add since they never entered the place. IF this is a new policy, it is a good one.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

The reservation was not even started, so shouldn't be eligible for review by the guest.  Airbnb in turn writes that  the host cancelled, etc. Nothing for the guest to add since they never entered the place. IF this is a new policy, it is a good one.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Michael5047 you said they cancelled on check in day, not after. Therefor you do not have any experience with the guest to review. Even communication is only pre-stay and you do not have an experience on how this person communicates during. I remember some reports of guests and hosts being able to exchange reviews if cancellation took place on the afternoon of check in but that loophole has been closed long ago.

What were you going to say in your review? Why is it important to you?