New to AirBnB. Not getting any bookings.

New to AirBnB. Not getting any bookings.

I'm new to AirBnB. I've had my listings up for several weeks now with no bookings.

Please look at my listings (x3) to see if there is a red flag mistake I'm making here.

Thank you kindly,

Sid Guel

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Isidro43 

Just offering ideas  

Cover photo 3 different listings for a single bedroom each same exterior shot of a whole house. not a room and not different so I had to dig to figure out 3 bedrooms

Possibly 6 guests if full sharing 1 bathroom and 1 kitchen with no rules set and it doesn't appear you live there,  Common sense is not always common.

You allow pets what are the rules or is somebody's dog going to bite me on the way ti the bathroom?

Show pictures of the kitchen.

Beef up your description to speak about the sharing and comfort level for Guests.

There is a 3 day limit on booking time allowed that is a very narrow market

Hi @Isidro43

@Marie8425 offered some great suggestions.

Look at Other Listings in the Area

One good way to get ideas is to look at other listings in the area that are doing well with full calendars. This will give you an idea how your listing should look and what you are missing.

Photos

Single best thing you can do with the highest return on investment is to get professional photos done. Generally around $250 and worth every penny; plus you can deduct as a business expense. Put captions/descriptions on all your photos. As @Marie8425 said, each listing should have a distinct/different cover photo so guests know which room is which. 

Listing is Missing Alot of Sections

Go to your Listing Editor and click every card (square) on the left side; sections to edit will appear on the right side. Go through every section and add your information.

Guest Safety Section

Lots of missing information like:

Pets Live on Property?

Must Climb Stairs?

Shared Spaces? List all shared spaces including parking? driveway? outdoor spaces/patio/deck?

Safety Section - Dangerous Animals?

Joan2709_0-1726096016547.png

Joan2709_1-1726096132320.png

Scott2167
Level 2
Pottsboro, TX

Look at your listing from a guest perspective.  Pictures should show as much of the house in one picture as possible.  Get rid of any of the shots with close ups of anything..windows, sinks, beds, etc.  Pictures should show as much of each room or amenity in one picture as possible.  The different angles of the exterior are confusing.  Remove any pictures that don't show guest amenities or living spaces.

The price for one bedroom in a shared living space is high.  Also, it is less likely you will get guests booking to share the space with strangers. Have you considered listing the whole house instead?  You could easily go to $149 per night.....check other listings in your area and be competitive.  The house is simple rather than luxury so be careful not to price yourself out of the market.  I always say I would rather be booked every week at a lower price than booked some times at a higher price.

The "About this place" says a lot about the surrounding area and nothing about the actual property as it pertains to a guest stay.  Write something that paints a picture of the guest using the space like "the patio is perfect for coffee in the morning while enjoying the view of the mountains" or "the fully stocked kitchen makes it easy for a tasty breakfast in your pjs" or "the large tv in the living room is great for family movie nights during your stay."  You need to give them visuals of what their stay can be like rather than telling them there is a lot to do away from the property....they can do all that with a hotel room so your space is missing the value proposition to be competitive.....paint a picture in words of the stay they can have if the book it.

Hope this helps, Scott O.