Newbie feedback needed๐Ÿ˜Š (listing feedback)

Linda4721
Level 2
Vaneli, India

Newbie feedback needed๐Ÿ˜Š (listing feedback)

Paula_0-1725384830352.jpeg

Hi there, 

We have thought hard and long  about opening our family home in Goa to guests. Itโ€™s been a tough one but have finally listed it and now hoping for the right guests who will love and respect our home as much as we do ๐Ÿ˜Š

I am aware that more needs to be done and better photos need to be uploaded, but we would love your initial response to our listing. 
Thank you so much.

Lin

๐ŸŒŸ Listing link: Home in Vaneli ยท โ˜…New ยท 3 bedrooms ยท 4 beds ยท 3 baths

[Content modified by OCM]

32 Replies 32

@Ross869 Thank you

Hi Linda!

Your house is beautiful, I'm sure you will have right people booking your house.  Be Patient.

Good luck to you.!

Mehrzad

@Mehrzad2 Thank you

Hello Linda

This is Pedro,

first the fall, welcome to Airbnb community.

The picture saw ok, only I recommend you

The music speakers that are next to the armchair, move them to another side of the room and it will look more spacious.

Kind regards

@Pedro2032 Thank you for this suggestion๐Ÿ˜Š

Vista da ipotetico ospite mi sembra una ottima location che sceglierei per un soggiorno.

Credo abbia fatto bene a metterla a disposizione.

In bocca al lupo.

Clydeishia0
Level 2
Bahamas, The Bahamas

From my observation, the pictures give a good depiction of the rental and the spacing to expect. Great job

I especially like it that the pictures are not taken with a wide-angle lens that distorts everything and makes everything look larger,  so if you have these re-taken, keep that in mind.

Sue2451
Level 2
Grantham, United Kingdom

Hi Linda. Your home looks very comfortable and well furnished. 

I would and have always wanted to visit Goa! Go for it!

Tara21
Level 2
Port Coquitlam, Canada

Hello Linda,

welcome to airbnb! 

Your home is absolutely stunning and looks to be in a beautiful location surrounded by nature and greenery. I can see guests enjoying your space to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city to enjoy the peaceful surroundings your home offers. 

A few things I noticed from your photos that I feel you could add is some of your pictures don't have the lights on and the rooms looks a bit dark. I would turn on all the lights and fully open the curtains in all the rooms when taking photos to highlight the space being bright and airy. A lot of your photos are kind of highlighting the windows in the room, which have lovely views but I think guests will want to see the whole room if you can take some pictures that really show the entire space.

Some of the rooms seem a bit bare. I would put table lamps on each side of the beds to add some warmth and even make the beds look more cozy and comfy with the sheets turned down and some added pillows.  

Pic 20/50: lamps on bedside tables, remove cleaning bucket in the background from the photo

22/50: I would remove the blanket on top of the bed ( you can always let guests know that extra bedding is available in your amenities)

24/50: add bedside lamps

Definitely get a smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm. They are relatively cheap and give guests the added peace of mind of safety. 

Professional photos can do a lot for your listing however Airbnb used to offer this service for free and now its not so I understand the cost is prohibitive. If you have a really good phone that take great shots, they can work just as well. Just make sure that every light is on in the room and all the windows are open. Make it bright and try to showcase as much of the room as possible in your photo.

Its also helpful to offer a lower price to your first 3 guests to entice stays and get those first 3 reviews. I hope this helps!

Best of luck to you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Lorna73
Level 2
Lingfield, United Kingdom

Hi Linda 

Lovely pictures, very inviting, esp the living area and the pool. My only feedback would be to dress the bedrooms and make them look inviting, nothing elaborate just enough comfort to make people think what a fabulous room to retire to after a day exploring, or going to the beach or just enjoying the views. 

Best of luck I am sure people will be very keen to book.

Larry418
Level 2
Katy, TX

I don't have much to add as you have received terrific advice.

Upgrade pics, try a wide angle view to encompass more of each room. I'm also big on picture descriptions so that guests know what is in each room, what it's connect to and which bath goes with which bedroom, where applicable.

While the view is terrific, I thought there were too many pictures looking out every window

I suggest cleaning the mildew off the exterior shower floor, before the new pics.

I saw a baby crib in one of the pics, but no reference to it in description or amenities. I also suggest smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to give guests piece of mind.

Good luck!

Marlene76
Level 7
Montana, United States

@Linda4721  What a fabulous home! This makes me want to visit Goa! I read and reviewed the listing. Iโ€™ve read the replies here and agree with them; folks here have offered good suggestions. I would only add that Iโ€™d like to see the windows, door frames, all vertical structures in the photos be as vertical as possible, and the same for aligning horizontal objects. 

Wishing you much success!

@Marlene76

Muhammad438
Level 2
Lisburn, United Kingdom

Dear add maximum pictures. The guest will have a better understanding of the place.