Newbie feedback needed๐Ÿ˜Š (listing feedback)

Linda4721
Level 2
Vaneli, India

Newbie feedback needed๐Ÿ˜Š (listing feedback)

Paula_0-1725384830352.jpeg

Hi there, 

We have thought hard and long  about opening our family home in Goa to guests. Itโ€™s been a tough one but have finally listed it and now hoping for the right guests who will love and respect our home as much as we do ๐Ÿ˜Š

I am aware that more needs to be done and better photos need to be uploaded, but we would love your initial response to our listing. 
Thank you so much.

Lin

๐ŸŒŸ Listing link: Home in Vaneli ยท โ˜…New ยท 3 bedrooms ยท 4 beds ยท 3 baths

[Content modified by OCM]

39 Replies 39
Muhammad438
Level 2
Lisburn, United Kingdom

Dear add maximum pictures. The guest will have a better understanding of the place.

Cynthia1169
Level 3
Richfield Township, MI

Very nice home Linda like idea of baking bread! Make sure you list ingredients in case of allergies. I also include a token gift native to area! Not big like soap or lotion etc 

Hi Linda! Beautiful home and congratulations on becoming a host!! My only feedback besides getting professional photos is to maybe add a few more pops of color with pillows or rugs and find some features that really make your place stand out from the competition- Iโ€™m sure there are some great ones in there but nothing is leaping out. Good luck!

Beckie16
Level 2
Roanoke, VA

What a beautiful house! I'm ready to pack my bag!

I would definitely agree with maintaining your ability to approve all reservations without using instant book. Make sure you've checked comparable to price yourself right. Better photos, as you plan on (it's on my list as well!). Three sets of all bed and bath linens. And make sure your house rules include any disclaimers that will cover your butt in case of guests that lack common sense, aren't respectful of your home and it's decor, etc. Think about things that might lead to a guest wanting a refund or getting hurt, and disclaim disclaim! Make sure that's repeated in a printed guest manual on site. I now also require guests to acknowledge that they've read the listing, amenities, and house rules AGAIN 5 days prior to arrival. Good luck! 

@Beckie16

Please do

pack your bags ๐Ÿ˜‰Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful. 

magnifique !

Hi @Linda4721, your house looks beautiful and very welcoming. I can see you have already received lots of responses and I don't want to repeat similar advice. Just a couple of things I thought I would add - a couple of photos are slightly out of focus  - it may be worth upgrading a few of the images - I had to rethink some of my images when I started a few months ago and to be honest some of mine probably still need a refresh!

Secondly,  a small detail but one that may impact some guests thoughts - I note you do not have a carbon monoxide detector or smoke alarm - this is probably not the first things guests consider but I must admit, it is something I would look at when booking a holiday.

Instant booking - it does increase your ranking and probably encourages more bookings, however, I think it's important to feel comfortable as a host, especially if you are renting out your home for the first time - and I can tell by what you say that it is very dear to you, so my advice would be to let it out a handful of times, find out what works for you and then perhaps switch the instant booking on when you feel comfortable.

I noticed also that you have a minimum of a 7-day let - I wonder if you would consider giving an option of a 3 or 4 day let - just to increase flexibility for guests, which may encourage more bookings.

I wish you all the very best with your new venture.

@Julie6183

Thank you for taking the time to write this Julie. Itโ€™s very helpful. 

Anette765
Level 2
Tรธnsberg, Norway

@Linda4721  beautiful place ๐Ÿคฉ 

You give a good imression of your house and property. 
To improve, my recommandation would be to work with photoes, more lights. I would suggest less photoes of each bedroom (Max two good ones) and to choose a booking coming from Norway I would love to see som photoes of the beach and naighbourhood as well as your property๐ŸŒธ

Good luckโ˜€๏ธ

Best regards Anette

@Anette765 

This is a good suggestion Anette. Iโ€™ll do this soon. Itโ€™s the monsoon here so things are looking very green but also a bit damp. It will start drying up this month. Winter in Goa is the perfect, sunny, blue-sky summer. Thatโ€™s when outdoor photos will be best๐Ÿ˜Š