Number of pets

Answered!
Terri429
Level 2
Taos, NM

Number of pets

When creating my listing I indicated we would except one pet.  I don’t see where this shows up in my listing.  The house manual shows we accept pets, but not the number.  How/where is this information provided to guest pre-booking?  Guests are messaging me with questions on this, so I’m guessing they are not seeing the limit of one. 

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Terri429   There is no place or checkbox to say that you will accept one, two or 10 pets.  I have it in the first paragraph of my listing description that I will accept 2 pets and the amount of the pet fee.  Be advised that AirBnB will not show the Pet fee as a separate line item; they roll it into the nightly rate, causing that fee to increase -- which you then may have to explain to the guest.

Pet friendly, $75 for up to 2 dogs per visit. Please add your pet before booking.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Terri429   There is no place or checkbox to say that you will accept one, two or 10 pets.  I have it in the first paragraph of my listing description that I will accept 2 pets and the amount of the pet fee.  Be advised that AirBnB will not show the Pet fee as a separate line item; they roll it into the nightly rate, causing that fee to increase -- which you then may have to explain to the guest.

Pet friendly, $75 for up to 2 dogs per visit. Please add your pet before booking.

Thanks Lorna, all good to know information.  So much to learn.  I was concluding that I too would have to add pet information to the listing description.

Thanks so much for sharing your expertise.  It is very helpful that so many hosts/owners are willing to take the time to do that, much appreciated. 

Terri