One night stay

One night stay

I currently have a minimum of 2 night stays and am looking at possibly making one of my listings a one night stay instead. Has anyone else done the same thing and found that they got more bookings?

Is there other benefits they've also found?

Did you charge any extra for only staying one night to help cover costs? eg. $20 surcharge

Thanks 🙂

22 Replies 22

Making a different listing. I have one for my entire house one nighters. One for two nighters, one for just the upstairs.. etc...

Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

@Inna22 - I do use instant book... the $72 in my above example is my minimum nightly charge.  I use smart pricing but never lower than that.  Then the cleaning fee is added to the nightly rate.  As more days are added, the cleaning fee is divided into smaller daily amounts, making longer stays = less per night.  So just set a minimum nightly fee, and a cleaning fee.  The rest is automatic.  

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Willow3 @Kelly149

Sorry, I was talking about minimum stay on different days of the week- should have made that clear. I just saw how to do it but thank you for mentioning it as I did not know it was an option.

glad you found it!  

Yes! That has been a really helpful addition. 

My calendar is currently utilizing different minimum stays by checkin day & I like it for preventing split weekends and random 1 day holes. I’m also using the over-ride rule sets to allow 1 night stays in between existing reservations. It’s a useful change. 

@Inna22 @Willow3

you we’re always allowed to specify that Friday/Saturday had a 2 night minimum but previously there wasn’t a way to say that it had to include both (and I’ve found that separated Friday/Saturday doesn’t tend to get picked up if someone splits by choosing Thursday or Sunday) so I like the new rule system. 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Kelly149 I did not know about the over-ride in between! will go look it up right now, thank you

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Willow3 @Kelly149 this thread has been amazing! I have been staring at one night holes on my calendar not knowing what to do and also worried that I dont want less then two nights on the weekends but am now missing out on easy one nighters during the week. All problems fixed!

Keven-and-Doug0
Level 3
Albuquerque, NM

Looks like you've gotten some great ideas but still I wanted to encourage you to try the "One Night Stays". We have two almost identical rooms and changed just one to a allow one night stays. We are near the airpost and that has great impact. Once we did that (and added a small cleaning fee to that room as well. IT was occupied far more that the one that did not allow one night stays. The cleaning fee helps because it is only charged per reservation not night so that seemed to care for teh extra cleaning more often. We'd rather be full than empty even if for the one night.  We have since done the same with the other room and even the guest house. All allow for one nighters now and the cleaning fees offest nicely.  After reading all these ideas we "might" conside some additional tweaking to one night rates but for now we run at above 97% occupied. So we might just leave it alone.