Photo Tour: rearranging photos within rooms

Answered!

Photo Tour: rearranging photos within rooms

Hi fellow hosts.  I have a problem with arranging my photos in the Photo tours. I have recently redone some of my photos for each room and have uploaded them into each room ( e.g. living room, kitchen, etc).  That is fine, but I want to rearrange the order of the photos so they occur with the right order within each room. I can not find a way to rearrange the photos within a room. I tried the web site and my app.  The 'move' function only moves photos among different rooms. Usually (like by analogy  Powerpoint slides) one can change to order of photos  in a collection.  I tried moving them into a 'holding' 'room and then moving them back into the specific room in the order I want.  But alas, they keep the original order!  Surely, we do not have to delete all the photos and re-upload them in the order we want? That is such a pain if we want to change only a few photos in each room.  Please help....

1 Best Answer

Hi  @Harold-And-Barbara0 and @Rebecca 

There is an answer!

Go to: Photo Tour > All Photos > Manage Photos

This displays the photo tour "room" associated with each photo. The order from this view applies not only to all the photos, but for each room in the tour as well. Drag & drop to rearrange.

Suggestion for AirBNB UX team: this should be made more obvious both in the article referenced above by Rebecca & in the UI. I personally tried to drag and drop photos in the collection of rooms & was frustrated by not being able to do so. A explanation that the place to do this was in the "All Photos" view would have been very helpful.

Hope this helps!

-Nelson

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Harold-And-Barbara0 👋

I had a little look on the Help Center and came a cross this article - Add or edit photos. 

In particular it states that:

Reordering photos
Within the photo tour, you can reorder the first five photos on your cover page. Simply tap all photos, then drag photos in the order you prefer. Your changes will be saved automatically.

The first 5 photos are the most important because they’re prominently displayed on your listing. Make sure the first one is dynamite – that’s the large one that shows up in search.

There is also a topic created by on of our Hosts: Help! I can't change the order of my photos

I understand that it must be frustrating for you so would also like to invite you to share your feedback. 

I hope this helps, 
Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you Rebecca!

I saw that helpful topic, and I can reorder the photos in the general listing. We have the photos segregated also into rooms in Photo Tour. My problem is within a room. When I update photos for a room,  I can not reorder them within the room. New photos have to stay at the end in order of upload and I cannot put them in a more logical sequence for the whole room. I think this is an oversight on the Photo tour concept's part.

Best regards

Harold

Hi  @Harold-And-Barbara0 and @Rebecca 

There is an answer!

Go to: Photo Tour > All Photos > Manage Photos

This displays the photo tour "room" associated with each photo. The order from this view applies not only to all the photos, but for each room in the tour as well. Drag & drop to rearrange.

Suggestion for AirBNB UX team: this should be made more obvious both in the article referenced above by Rebecca & in the UI. I personally tried to drag and drop photos in the collection of rooms & was frustrated by not being able to do so. A explanation that the place to do this was in the "All Photos" view would have been very helpful.

Hope this helps!

-Nelson

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for sharing this @Nelson428 🙌 I'm saving this one incase we need it in future! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Nelson, 

That didn't work for me. No matter where I drag the photo in "manage photos", it always keeps the same photo on "Rooms" (not the one I want). 

I am fighting the same issue.  It's is absurd how non-intuitive this user experience is for a a host. I spent too much time trying to figure this out as well.

Answer (Sept 2024): login, in  - listing, click on listing - on left menu "photo tour" - click all photos - stay here (do not click manage photos) - click hold & drag on photo - back arrow (upper left). then click on room and you will see it adjusted