Please Critique my listing in Switzerland, Florida USA

Answered!
Kristina43
Level 2
Fruit Cove, FL

Please Critique my listing in Switzerland, Florida USA

Hello Airbnb community, 

I am hoping to get some feedback on my new Guest Suite Listing. I have been with Airbnb since 2011 and have had great success. But a slow start to my new listing attached to our home is a unique experience. I know my photos need to be more professional, but I am making weekly improvements, so it seems like a waste of money to invest right now in that feature. 

I appreciate any help you can provide. Happy Airbnbing! Kristina Applegate

https://airbnb.com/h/guestsuiteriveroasis

1 Best Answer
Andrea6194
Level 2
Boston, MA

Looks beautiful! 

Suggestions:

First photo, try for better lighting.

On the brown couch, maybe some lighter color pillows and or throw?

The flower on the table -- something bigger and brighter (vs the small green one).

The photos up on the high shelf -- try switching these out for something simpler.

The horse bath mat seems a little odd and maybe dirty looking (even though I'm sure it's not). Try switching for something simpler and super clean looking.

And what about featuring the outside portion earlier in the listing?

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Kristina43 ,

You place is beautiful.

Maybe I missed it but I'm not seeing if this is part of your main home (or by the Title  you are implying shared space?) you are renting the whole house or part of it. If part of it how does it fit into the scheme of your home?

I am confused about the partisans that I am seeing up?   As maybe I'm the rare exception possibly emphasis that more in your description.

The best of luck in what appears to be another AirBnB venture.

The location is beautiful!

Warm regards,

Bettye

Thank you, @Bettye6 ! This is not a shared space; only the yard is shared, but we stay out of the backyard unless guests want us to interact with them. I just had a mother and two children who loved the place and used all the options there for them. I would love for you to look again and see if my improvements are more straightforward. Thank you again! 

@Kristina43 ,

You place looks lovely and the pictures are great! You place looks so inviting. I'll be keeping this place in mind in my next travels to Florida.

You did an excellent job with the improvements.

Warm regards, 

Bettye

Thank you @Bettye6 !! I would love to host you here. I am very inspired and had another booking today. I have been a loyal Airbnb host for the past 11 years. Take care and thank you again! Cheers! 

Andrea6194
Level 2
Boston, MA

Looks beautiful! 

Suggestions:

First photo, try for better lighting.

On the brown couch, maybe some lighter color pillows and or throw?

The flower on the table -- something bigger and brighter (vs the small green one).

The photos up on the high shelf -- try switching these out for something simpler.

The horse bath mat seems a little odd and maybe dirty looking (even though I'm sure it's not). Try switching for something simpler and super clean looking.

And what about featuring the outside portion earlier in the listing?

Wow, thank you @Andrea6194 ! I have made all of these changes and would love to get more feedback from you. I am also starting to get more bookings. Cheers! 

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Kristina43 Providing better photos is NOT a waste of money! Always remember that a photo is worth a thousand words! So, If you have an iPhone or android phone, take all pictures in your rental in landscape mode so that prospective guests can see the entirety of your rental space. Your space READS beautifully but unfortunately, I don’t envision that beauty and calmness from the indoor pictures. 

Thank you so much, @Gwen386 ! I have taken yhour advice and made the improvements. Cheers!