Level 1
Austin, TX

Please critique my listing

18 Replies 18
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Kevin3113 

I noticed both listings are under Home when clearly a room.  I would contact Airbnb Support because it is effecting you showing up in correct search results for rooms.

I noticed all positive just your market seems to be ls than a week stays.  Usually that market is not food shopping haha.  The coffee is great even if you need to adjust your price a few dollars a night, offer water and juice options.  Offer like a breakfast bar that can be grab and go.  Evenings people usually handle themselves but easy mornings are a big plus.  Nothing fancy because then it is work for the guest haha.

Hi @Kevin3113 , I love your room listings. The only thing I notice is that the main living area seems a little dark, especially by the dining table.  Maybe take a photo with the blinds and curtains drawn, unless there is a wall right outside the window.  Great job. 🙂 

Julie6037
Level 2
Erie, PA

Hi @Kevin3113  place looks bright & spacious which is nice. Color pallet is pleasant. My only suggestion is for you to maybe put a mirror in the bedroom, behind the door if you're looking for a spot to place it. I didnt see what dresser you had for people to place their clothes. Is it me but there is no closet? The hanging rack seems insufficient, maybe if you can get an open combo closet furniture where there are some drawers and a clothing rod. Unless your market doesnt bring a lot but since you said you allow long term it will be important. 

Also in kitchen maybe a Toaster or toaster oven if someone wants to toast bagle.

Looks like you're doing well as a superhost so wishing you continued success.

Hi @Kevin3113 

Your place looks great!

For me personally the only thing would be sharing a bathroom.   Of course if that's the only bathroom then you don't have choice. 

Ivana61
Level 3
Okrug Gornji, Croatia

@Kevin3113 All seems very nice, and you are Superhost. Only what I noticed - lower score for location, be precise in explanation where the place is located, maybe that helps guests to realised where they are. 

Ivana Okrug Gornji, Croatia

Looks great. You are a superhost and guest favorite so you are doing well. 

if you want tips and suggestions ask your guest in an automated message before they do the review after check out. Or talk to them. We are Superhosts and guest favorite as well and we hand added a lot of amenities etc from their suggestions.  

Don’t worry about design unless you start getting bad reviews. 

marty

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

It's lovely to see you joining in conversations on the Community Center!

I'm tagging @Kevin3113  here so they receive a notification of your message. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗

Quick tip: if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. I hope this helps to keep the conversation flowing, and if you've got any questions, just ask. 

Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Karen3592
Level 2
Santa Rosa, CA

Hi Kevin, your listings are lovely. Judging by what your reviews are saying, I’d say you are doing an excellent job. I wish you continued success. I didn’t see anything about outdoor cooking, do you provide a grill in case your guests wish to barbecue? One thing I added was a hammic in our shared yard, in case somebody wants to have a leisurely nap outdoors. Your indoor area is beautiful. Keep up the great work!

Karen

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm tagging @Kevin3113  here so they receive a notification of your message. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗

Quick tip: if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. I hope this helps to keep the conversation flowing, and if you've got any questions, just ask. 

Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----

Kimberly373
Level 2
Grand Rapids, MI

Hi Kevin! At first glance, your listing looks beautiful. Curious what it is that you’re hoping to  receive in terms of support?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----

Julie5015
Level 2
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom

Hi Kevin, your place looks amazing, the photos are great. A couple of things...

I would remove, or reword the sentence about your girlfriend. It comes across, that perhaps her being there makes it noisy 😉 

Milo, who looks gorgeous, although you say he's a friendly dog, by saying you'll crate him suggests that's no true.

Besides I wouldn't stay anywhere, where a dog needed to be crated for my benefit. You have photos of him, remove the breed, and refer to him as your loving pet dog, and if guests aren't as in love with your four legged furry friend you can keep him out their way... without mentioning crating. I saw his photos and went cute dog, when I read Staffordshire bull, and crate my alarm bells rang.

Maybe say, like many places, guests may hear others in the house, but we will respect each other... I wouldn't want to do a business call from a potentially noisy house, which is what I assume from you write up!

I hope this helps...

Jules

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----

Henrietta31
Level 2
Kampala, Uganda

Your houses look great @Kevin3113.  Be mindful of the pet situation. Some people are allergic to them so you have to clean out thoroughly to remove all hairs.