Critique my listing

Michael9261
Level 2
Cleveland, OH

Critique my listing

Hello, I'm a brand new host. My property is only mid-term, 1-12 months, furnished, includes everything. So far, I've had inquiries mainly from insurance companies, but also one couple wanting to rent for one month--but all from other sites. Is there a flaw in my listing, or is Airbnb just not the best place for mid-term rental marketing? https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1219490083564591299?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=b1111996-1d3...

1 Reply 1
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Michael9261 ,

I have a few suggestions for you to consider:

1. Check other listings in Lyndhurst to see how similar Airbnb properties are furnished. In my opinion, you may need an additional layer of decoration to make the property more appealing. Right now, even with your lower prices, it’s still missing some of the amenities your neighbors are offering.
2. Consider changing the title. Airbnb titles are composed of two parts: what you manually enter and what Airbnb automatically generates. Much of your title (Lyndhurst, entire, home) is already covered by the system, so it’s a missed opportunity to use that space effectively. Look at other listings for inspiration on how to craft a more engaging title. 
also, consider removing the phrase ‘includes everything’ from your title, as ‘everything’ is too broad. It’s better to be specific about what is included to avoid any misunderstandings.
3. Since you have a 1-month minimum rental, I would keep the listing on Airbnb but also list it on other platforms. Additionally, don’t forget to sign a lease agreement with your tenants. Keep in mind that if a tenant leaves mid-booking on Airbnb, you’ll only be paid up to that month, and you can’t take a deposit.

Just food for thought. I hope some of these suggestions help you.