Private notes on airbnb calendar

Answered!
Frieda34
Level 1
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Private notes on airbnb calendar

Why can't I see my private notes on my airbnb host calendar?

Top Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Tina541 the notes are still there if you use the multi-calendar. Just hover the mouse over the night with a black dot.

View Top Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Frieda34 others have complained about this. A solution, though not ideal, into switch on pro tools in your account and then you will have access to what is called a multi calendar. Your notes will then appear if you hover the mouse over a day in that calendar.

Frieda34
Level 1

Thank you!

Hermien8
Level 3
Stellenbosch, South Africa

That solution is useless! It is such a waste of time and serves no purpose. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Frieda34 ,

Are you seeing any black dots appearing on your calendar?

I wanted to share a link to this thread that may help with this confusion may be: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Calendar-note-missing-from-the-calendar-v....

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Frieda34
Level 1

Many thanks!

Tina541
Level 2
Park City, UT

Hi All,

YES!! I am sooo glad to hear others are concerned about their notes being dropped!!

I opened my calendar yesterday and No Notes... airbnb just changed the format.

I did not get any notification, did anyone else. 

I called super hosts line and the gal said nothing could be done, it was updated. She also said mine was the first complainant that she had heard.

I don't know about you guys, but my notes are essential for scheduling assistant host/cleaners/myself, for my guests, months in advance.

Poof, notes are gone. So now I'm forced to transpose pertent  info and hope I don't have errors'

Please phone and write to airbnb concerning the hardships and consequence errors that could occur on this change!!

Below is a cut and paste exert that I sent to Airbnb Support .

'To Whom,

I phoned airbnb super host line 2ish today and spoke with Saly about the change in the calendar format.
It is now set up to not show notes that I have written on certain dates. She said it was an update she could do nothing about. I asked to speak to a supervisor, she said one would be getting back to me. Saly also sent me to a link for feedback, where I commented on this issue.
I travel often, mostly off the grid. It was so handy to have my travel notes and appointments right on the calendar so I could plan accordingly with my assistant host and cleaners to be available and provide my guests a seamless experience. Now that is all gone, double my work load and I am more susceptible to a scheduling error.

I would like to have this capability of having my notes in front of me on the calendar returned.'

And yes, I do have those mysterious block dots randomly on some of the dates.

Best to my fellow Hosts,

Tina Smith

Park City , UT

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Tina541 the notes are still there if you use the multi-calendar. Just hover the mouse over the night with a black dot.

Only if you use the Pro-Tools to enable Multi-Calendar that I don't want to do.

Hermien8
Level 3

Not helping me I need to see them in a months view. Its a waste of time to hover over each dot. The notes are essential to me to see at a glance. 
Why did they take that feature away!! Unbelievable stupid!

Notes are appearing in the calendar for current and future dates, but you must click on the new "X Notes" button to view them.   Seems like ABB is getting ready to allow you to post multiple notes on a date.

The problem that I have is that you can no longer click on a past date in the non-"Multi Calendar" view to see your past notes.  I put in formation in here for reference, why would you not be able to click on a past date?  There are other ramifications of turning on pro-tools that I don't want to do.  This should be fixed.

This is in the web browser view of the calendar in Chrome.

Hermien8
Level 3

What is the new XNotes button you are mentioning?

Ian341
Level 1
Grandview Heights, OH

I am in the same boat, this change is driving me nuts!

I completely agree that it's a major nightmare not to be able to see Private Notes unless you click down two levels on an individual day.  I've already messed up one reservation because of this and wil be complaining to airbnb.  

Don't understand why they would remove this functionality.  It's definitely making my scheduling far more difficult.  Could do without any of the other new bells and whistles.