Property type is not properly presented in my airbnb title description

Answered!

Property type is not properly presented in my airbnb title description

Hi, 

I am new to airbnb and today I updated my property type from room to the entire apartment but my airbnb listing still shows room/shared common space from the searching results. My question is, Is there some review time for the update or it is a bug and I need to delete the list and re-list with the updated type? Thanks for your attention and I appreciate your answer!

Best regards

Jason 

1 Best Answer

Hi @Yonghui1 

If you updated the property type as shown below and it is still showing as a room, you may need to contact Airbnb to correct this:

Joan2709_0-1721565129433.png

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi @Yonghui1 

If you updated the property type as shown below and it is still showing as a room, you may need to contact Airbnb to correct this:

Joan2709_0-1721565129433.png

Hi @Joan2709 ,

Thanks for your answer, yes, it is exactly how I set the property type. I will then contact Airbnb to update for me👍

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Yonghui1 , Have you managed to get this updated for your listing or contacting Support team? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Bhumika ,

yes, my listing got updated properly. Thanks.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing the update @Yonghui1 ! Did you have to connect with Support team or did it get resolved changing the property type settings that Joan shared above? 

Your guidance and approach will help community members coming across similar situations! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

So firstly I did the same settings as described by @Joan2709 , it is said that it may take 48 hours before the category gets removed. While I waited for some days and the category still stays the same. Then I contacted the Airbnb support and got the reply that I’d better just wait for the category removal, nothing else could be done to accelerate the process. It took 4-5 days before the category got removed. From what I understand,  previously the removal of category for the listing is approved automatically, while now some reviews seem to be required, it’s said that the review may take 48 hours, but in my case, it was 4 - 5 days. It definitely affected my bookings, as my listing could not reach my target guests properly. I hope Airbnb as platform could improve this soon.