Rankings on Search Engines

Cindy1599
Level 2
Sandy Springs, GA

Rankings on Search Engines

Hey Everyone, 

I have a friend who just listed her cabin with VACASA and they told her NOT to search her own listing on VRBO or Airbnb because if she did and DID NOT book then the cabin would go dow in the search engine. Is this true? Or are they just keeping her from checking up on their listing?

Thank you

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Has she read reviews about VACASA there are so many complaints about them by hosts and guests including on this community @Cindy1599 

i believe they set up a hosts listing under their name so she has no access to it. She would have been better using a cohost or management company that allows the listing to be set up under her profile and have themselves added as a cohost. 

while it is true that that the Airbnb algorithm does take into account views to bookings that shouldn't stop her from looking at her own listing . 

Thank you

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Cindy1599, it's wonderful to see that Helen's advice was helpful to you. Here are some previous conversations our Hosts have had about VACASA 👈

I hope you find this useful!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad