Received a message saying my experience will be removed because it does not meet standards. It meets ALL of them and beyond.

Mena5
Level 2
México D.F., Mexico

Received a message saying my experience will be removed because it does not meet standards. It meets ALL of them and beyond.

Hello.
It is the first time that I post here, so bare with me. 

I have been a successful experience host for about 7 years. My experience (Vegan/Veggie street food adventure CDMX https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/137995) is the best selling vegan/veggie food tour in Mexico on Airbnb. My reviews are mostly 5* and I have a rating of 4.83 with 486 reviews. I have been hosting this experience for about 7 years without any problems. Furthermore, my experience is truly a unique one.  I am completely baffled as to why it would be removed. My experience is very special and as the reviews say, focuses on responsible and sustainable tourism and off-the-beaten path places most visitors cannot find themselves. I provide a valuable service by connecting guests with local businesses and family-run projects. The food on the tour is representative of Mexican culture and it is unique for vegans and vegetarians, as it is very difficult for vegans and vegetarians to navigate Mexico City's culinary offer, especially if one does not speak Spanish. The whole point of the tour is for guests to experience Mexico City through its food and by supporting the local economy. It is a walking tour, so my CO2 emissions are minimal. This experience is also my livelihood and I depend completely on its success and visibility. Not only me, but many local businesses I work with are highly dependable on the availability and bookings of this tour. I am truly surprised that Airbnb, who likes to call itself a responsible company focusing on empowering local economies would be looking into deleting an experience which is completely based off of responsible tourism and the empowerment of meaningful small businesses through travel.

Please advise. I have filled out the appeal form but I want to understand why in the world would they even consider removing such a unique, wonderful and impactful experience. Why was I targeted? I literally meet ALL their requirements. 

*Feature something that guests can't easily do on their own

*Consider your expertise and unique perspective

*Help guests create meaningful human connections

All the points above are met above and beyond.
I have no words.

1 Reply 1
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Mena5 , on one of the threads I read your comment that your appeal has been approved. We're so glad to hear that 🌻. Thanks so much for coming back and updating us in the Community!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines