Renting while on vacation

Answered!

Renting while on vacation

Hi! We are a busy- wild and wonderful- family of five! We are leaving for Colorado summer vacation for a week in the summer. I'd like to try to rent our four bedroom home out while we are gone- during the College World Series which is a huge tourism time.

I'd love to connect with anyone who rents their family home (with children). My friend does and mentioned that she changes sheets and linens, deep cleans, and locks away very personal items. Other than that, all family photos, decorations, etc. stay out! I'd like to connect with anyone with any input or experience please!

1 Best Answer
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Considering it is a personal beautifully-kept home and you be gone for a week (absentee landlord), and allows up to 10 guests (perfect candidate for a party), IF rented improperly to the wrong type it may not be worth it. Just a thought.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You'll need to have a cleaner and cohost to manage things on the ground and home insurance for short term lets.

personally I would remove family photos  @Missy89 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Considering it is a personal beautifully-kept home and you be gone for a week (absentee landlord), and allows up to 10 guests (perfect candidate for a party), IF rented improperly to the wrong type it may not be worth it. Just a thought.