Sending directions to my guests

Answered!
Alpha-Holiday-Cottage0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Sending directions to my guests

Hi,

At the moment, when a booking is confirmed, I email the guest a MS word document containing direction to the property details. 

Is there an automated way of doing this once a booking is confirmed ?

E.g. Can I add the MS word document to the system, or is there an alternative method of sending directions?

Thanks for your time 

L

1 Best Answer
Shadley0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi @Alpha-Holiday-Cottage0

You can put it in your house manual, guests only see this once the booking is confirmed.

View Best Answer in original post

23 Replies 23
Shadley0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi @Alpha-Holiday-Cottage0

You can put it in your house manual, guests only see this once the booking is confirmed.

Fab! Thanks Shadley for such a quick response!

L

Thanks that was exactly what I wanted to hear too!

Yes, I put plently of infos in the House Manual, House Rules and Directions sections.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT GUESTS DON'T READ IT!

(sorry my caps but I am quite frustrated, I told to the Airbnb customer care plenty of times and they never listened me!)

I think it will be very necessary that, in the moment that the reservation get confirmed, the Directions, the House Manual and the House Rules get copied AUTOMATICALLY inside the message thread between host and guest.

Something like:

Reservation confirmed!

Address: ...........

Directions: ................

House Manual: ...............

House Rules: ...............

I agree with this request to send guests directions via email once a booking is set up.

How can I do this easily?

Can I attach a document to m

the message I send thru the air bnb system?

Put that info on the place (i cant remember the name) that only be visible to guest after you confirm the booking.

No need to be sending files and attachments... 

You can't attach a document, but you can save messages that you repeatedly use. This is what i do for providing directions.

Katherine152
Level 1
Venarey-les-Laumes, France

Yes, me to ! I have a Booking Form and a Guest Book in PDF format and Keynote presentation and I cannot get it to lon through the AirBnB site. I can't transform it any other way apart from redoing the entire file! It's really frustrating.

I have copied a link to it in the House Manuel part on AirBnB site but obvioulsy as I am not the one that has booked it I can't check to see if the lik actually works!

To take this a step further, you can use google maps, and send them the step by step directions, via text, email, or airbnb message.  You can also take a screen shot using your phone, and just text them the image.  It is also possible to send them a url link so that they can just click on the link which will take them to google maps directions to your property.  

Hope this helps.  Take care.

Gerhard4
Level 6
Davenport, FL

sending documents dont always work,

you dont have the guests original e-mail, and i found out severla times Airbnb is filtering the e-mails

you send.

meaning sometimes the guest does not receive the information you want them to receive.

house manual is not sufficient in my opinion, 

since we have electronic locks on our properties and every guest is receiving a specific code

(same goes for the alarm code)

also you want them to be able to print it out at home and bring it with them.

specially international guests who have no data roaming in other countries will be happy with such an option.

the safest way is to store your document (either in DOC or PDF format)

in the " cloud" (dropbox, one drive or any other third party)

and send your guest a share to the file, they can download it 

you can send the link over with the regular message system from Airbnb (which everyone uses) so they can even download the file on their smart phone

simply delete the file after your guest is departed and there is no mess of files you need to store 

hope this helps others

gerhard

That was my question - delete the file after they check out? Then upload the file again on Google docs with a new shareable link for the next guest?

I represent 3 different places (cottages) that are on airbnb.  As part of my rental agreement, I have to have a signed guest agreement document from the folks at least 4 weeks prior (if possible) before I provide the entry information into the cottage.

I message the renter and tell them that airbnb does "mask" any external email addresses / web sites etc. as well as removes attached documents and request that they provide me with a 'non airbnb' email address to correspond with by sending it to my business email address at infoatbmbcottagerentalsdotcom.

If they cant figure that one out, then they shouldnt be renting my cottages..

It works all the time.

If there is a security risk in sending documents through their system, as attachments from our workstations,   why wont airbnb let us at least upload the documents to their servers and keep them on their machines.  They can use their own virus scanning tools on these documents , once scanned, allow us to be able to attachment them in correspondance with rental clients through their regular messaging system.....

Hope this helps

Lisa36
Level 5
Australia

I sent an email with attachments via Airbnb system as I can't attach files to the message system.  I have an email template setup in my outlook email program and I sent that to new guests with directions and instructions for opening the door using a unique door code but I try and keep the email generic so its easy to sent to everyone (just change the code) .  I ask them to print out the attachments and bring them with them.  I also text the door code to their mobile.  Even so I had one person ring me when they got to the door asking where the key was hidden!  But they have been the only one not able to get in immediately.  They all seem to find the apartment ok even in the dark so all good so far.  I'd like to be able to attach the documents to the messaging system then I can easily send them when I am out.  As it is I have to use my email system on my computer or laptop.

Colin16
Level 4
Toronto, Canada

Many people don't dig deep into the documents provided on your site.  So a fair number will ask for your address, phone number (where are the keys, will you be there? etc. though it is all there if they look.  My approach: Answer each request with a positive, breezy tone and ask if there is any other way you can help them.  They are traveling, sometimes stressed, tired, distracted and sometimes trying out a new experience.  So support them in every way.  You would like it if other people treated you similarly. my opinion.