Unable to find my listing

Shelley327
Level 2
United Kingdom

Unable to find my listing

I have made a new listing.

I have been told  its active via email. 

I have checked several support emails and all seems to be ok but no one can see it with specific or general searches.

Help!

Who can solve this for me?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Shelley327 

Your listing is in the search system:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=64876563&map_toggle=true

Maybe zoom in some more on the map when searching

Shelley327
Level 2
United Kingdom

Hi, thank you. The plot thickens….
I know its on the web but perhaps I should have said the search engine doesn’t pick it up. I can’t find the listing when I search for houses like mine in the area. It doesn’t show up. 
Airbnb won’t let me put the exact address in either as it keeps defaulting to a road number! I have submitted feedback.
Also the link you sent me, has the house in the wrong place on the map! The house is shown on the map on my own listing in exactly the right spot, so not sure where this map came from.

The format of the page is nothing like I see when I open the listing.
it’s all a bit hit and miss the moment. I’ll wait and see if anyone can help solve the puzzle of all this.
Thanks anyway

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Shelley327 

I am sorry, but your listing clearly shows up when searching for St Buryan and zoom in on the map.

And the link i sent you is your direct link to the search system, which proves it is in the search system.

So for more prove i sent you a general screen shot from the search system, showing your listing amongs others in the region::

Emiel1_0-1616373213679.png

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Shelley327  Hope you can get it sorted. 

Your place is beautiful. I do have a suggestion for you, though. Your listing description is really hard to read. It's far too long and wordy and needs to be broken up into spaced paragraphs.

Most guests will not bother to thoroughly read through all those words. It's incredibly common for guests to book a place, not having really read all the info, then arrive and start complaining because they expected something different.

Try to make your description as concise as possible while still getting all the important info in. Guests just want to be able to read at a glance about a listing, they aren't interested in reading a short story, no matter how well written.

That's really helpful Sarah, thank you. I'll have a go at reducing the words.