Unable to re-register my property as a short term rental

Nazanin10
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Unable to re-register my property as a short term rental

Hello,

There was a few days of delay before update my short term rental registration with the City of Toronto. i have received the renewal but all my attempt to update my registration on the Airbnb platform is being declined. When entering my updated registration details, I immediately receive a message saying, "Your registration was declined."

The Toronto city says they are not declining and that the listing should move to pending status before they can even see the listing to "Approve" or "Deny". They can not see my listing when it is listed as Long term.
I can not change the listing to short term. I have been calling Airbnb every day and had multiple support tickets but no one is doing anything.
The call persons say they can’t do anything and a case manager will review and respond. The case managers (ambassadors) keep responding with completely irrelevant information- they tell me that your city should approve!
I am so frustrated from lack of support. I can not believe they don’t even read my messages before responding. 

anyone experienced something similar, what was your solution?

1 Reply 1
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Nazanin10 👋

It's been a while since you first posted - have you got any updates to share with us? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines