What are your House Rules for a Sauna?

Pele9
Level 1
New York, NY

What are your House Rules for a Sauna?

I now have a sauna in my house.  I'd like to hear from other hosts with saunas about what they've put in their House Manual regarding their sauna.  My concerns are guest safety and my liability.

3 Replies 3
Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Pele9 

Hi Pele - that's an issue for sure. I'd talk to my business insurance agent, for sure, and find out if it is in the "attractive nuisance" category. As far as guest safety and your liability, my first reaction would be to put a good lock on the door to the sauna, and not list it and an amenity. You are spot on, imho, to be concerned. Let us know what you learn, and end up doing, with this!

Hi there,

Here is what I learned.

For liability: coverage comes from the policy of my primary residence.  The property with the sauna that I occasionally rent is a secondary residence. 

For property damage: the sauna would be covered under my home insurance.  They did not require any extra inspections or require me to do anything.

I believe AirCover would be the first line of defense.  https://www.airbnb.com/aircover-for-hosts  It has property damage and liability.  

So I am going to move forward with allowing folks to use the sauna.  I will include in the House Manual that it is new, a link to standard health precautions, and that guests can use it at their own risk.

Still I'm interested in what other hosts do....

Cheers,

Pele

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Pele9 ,

Thanks for sharing such a nice topic!

Were you able to research more on how to emphasize house rules for a sauna? Please feel free to share your suggestions with us, so that other members can benefit from this interesting topic.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines