What category type suits my property.

Answered!

What category type suits my property.

We own a 36ft 4 sleep static caravan on a holiday park in South Devon UK. There does not seem to be a category for "Static Holiday Caravan".

What is the best category to direct more customers my way (and the way of thousands of others in the same boat)?

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Barry441 @Breanna I think you click Unique space then holiday park and then entire place. But it is strange that caravan is not an option.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Barry441!

That is a great question and not one I've seen a solid answer to. There are a couple suggestions from other members here and here.

I did a bit of looking at offerings on the website and found that there seem to be quite a few holiday static caravans listed as "tiny homes" here

@Mike-And-Jane0 - I may live in the UK, but I'm definitely not well-versed in the holiday caravan culture here. I know your listing isn't for a caravan, but have you seen what category they tend to be listed under or have any thoughts about what you would choose in that situation?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This question is one Airbnb CS should be able to answer @Breanna  @Breanna 

Hi Helen, I will contact customer services and also follow another suggestion and try,  'unique spaces' and a subcategory.

All the best

Barry

@Breanna sadly I think I may be using the latest wonderful updates from Airbnb and as such I can't even find the possible categories. So sadly I can't help @Barry441 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Barry441 @Breanna I think you click Unique space then holiday park and then entire place. But it is strange that caravan is not an option.

Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Thanks for taking another look @Mike-And-Jane0!

If "holiday park" is indeed an option, you'd think "caravan" would be listed as well. 

@Barry441 have you been in touch with customer support about this one? When I asked, they suggested Camper/RV.

Here's what customer support let me know: 
"There's no specific category for "static caravan", so you should choose the category that suits it the most."

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thanks, Breanna, I will contact 'Customer Support' as it seems daft not having a 'Static ' category. There must be over 50,000 of us letting them out.

All the best

Barry

Thank you, Mike & Jane, I will try your suggestion.

All the best

Barry.

Thanks again, @Mike-And-Jane0  I tried your idea and it worked. Looking forward to some bookings.

All the best

Barry