Where are the settings to don't accommodate children 12yrs and under. ?

Answered!
Ana37408
Level 1
Quintana Roo, Mexico

Where are the settings to don't accommodate children 12yrs and under. ?

Hello!

I would really like to know were Can I set on the rule to don't accommodate children 12yrs and under in my property?

My place is really not for kids.

Thank you.

1 Best Answer
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ana37408, how are you? 

I had a little search 🔍 and found some information in the Nondiscrimination policy regarding 'Age and Familial Status' it says:

• Airbnb hosts may not:
    • Impose any different terms or conditions or decline a reservation based on the guest’s age or familial status, where prohibited by law.
  • Airbnb hosts may:
    • Provide factually accurate information about their listing’s features (or lack of them) that could make the listing unsafe or unsuitable for guests of a certain age or families with children or infants.
    • Note in their listings applicable community restrictions (e.g., senior housing), regulations, or laws that prohibit guests under a particular age or families with children or infants.

I hope this provides some clarification 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ana37408, how are you? 

I had a little search 🔍 and found some information in the Nondiscrimination policy regarding 'Age and Familial Status' it says:

• Airbnb hosts may not:
    • Impose any different terms or conditions or decline a reservation based on the guest’s age or familial status, where prohibited by law.
  • Airbnb hosts may:
    • Provide factually accurate information about their listing’s features (or lack of them) that could make the listing unsafe or unsuitable for guests of a certain age or families with children or infants.
    • Note in their listings applicable community restrictions (e.g., senior housing), regulations, or laws that prohibit guests under a particular age or families with children or infants.

I hope this provides some clarification 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Ana37408 

This is found under the Guest Safety Section of the Listing Editor. As mentioned you can explain why the listing is not appropriate for children in this Section and some have listed in the Other Details To Note Section and Addl House Rules. @Sophia has listed what Airbnb states about specific restrictions you may impose regarding your listing's location and whether you can legally refuse a reservation based on age (children).

That said, I have seen Hosts restrict their property to a certain age for the primary renter; such as "must be at least 25yrs old." I believe this is deemed as a way to prevent damage to the property or prevent parties. Not sure that will really prevent that though. Restricting reservations to a certain age, or excluding guests of a certain age may not be legal in your area, but you can certainly state why the property is not a good fit for safety reasons for children:

Joan2709_0-1718198912738.png

Joan2709_1-1718198974032.png